Trusted Contributor

Re: Not always a death sentence for cats

What a "heart" warming story.  So happy for you and your wonderful Husband for taking the time to care for your  furbaby. That is wonderful.  Winky, cute name, is a beautiful kitty.  Her heart on her chest is something special...

Blessings to you both. 

Super Contributor

Thank you for sharing this.  I watch a lot of the animal shows on TV and usually, if a cat has Feline Lukemia, it's put to sleep.  I had no idea a cat could live healthily with it.  Winky is proof what a loving family can do, such a beauty! I love the heart on her chest!

Esteemed Contributor

Awww Winky, how cute! A thousand blessings to you and your DH for saving this beautiful baby!

pink-kitty-purring-hug-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

What a beautiful furbaby. BRAVO to you and your DH for taking her in and taking such good care of her.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to you and your husband for being exceptionally compassionate people by saving this cat.  What a lovely story!  And with a happy ending, too.

I love her little "beauty mark" and her two pink bunnies.  (Of course they are "her" bunnies!  Don't cats own everything?)

I'm glad you're spreading the word about FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus).  The Best Friends Sanctuary always has cats with this disease and the only thing necessary is to keep them away from other cats; no need to kill them.  (If anyone wants to check out bestfriends.org, one adoptable cat on the first page that comes up when you look at available cats is named Luna.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I think the photo of your love bug is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen posted here, and it's obvious that both this lovely little feline soul AND DH  were, and ARE, KEEPERS!!

Respected Contributor

Winky...So Adorable & She's a SweetHeartHeart

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~