Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried one that you feel really works.   Sometimes bathing them and drying them takes hours.  Was wondering if anyone had a no rinse shampoo that they use and like.  I saw one of HSN that looked like it might work well.

Honored Contributor

Re: No rinse shampoo for dogs

I have never tried one, and I'll only offer up my reason why, in case it was something you hadn't thought of.

I wouldn't leave any kind of cleaning soap/solution on myself or my hair without a good thorough rinsing, and I'd especially never do it to a pet, that couldn't tell me how it felt (stings maybe), or that would then be licking their fur and ingesting the product, regardless of how 'natural'  or 'safe' it might claim to be.

Respected Contributor

John Paul (the Paul Mitchell line for pets) makes a good one the we use in a pinch.

Honored Contributor

I have not tried any ,i want to say i tried the truce ,no suds brand it is a spray on ,you must rinse ,it was terrible.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I have never tried one, and I'll only offer up my reason why, in case it was something you hadn't thought of.

I wouldn't leave any kind of cleaning soap/solution on myself or my hair without a good thorough rinsing, and I'd especially never do it to a pet, that couldn't tell me how it felt (stings maybe), or that would then be licking their fur and ingesting the product, regardless of how 'natural'  or 'safe' it might claim to be.

What @Mominohio writes can't be repeated enough.  Besides, the rinsing, even as thorough as it should be, isn't the time-consuming part.  It's the easiest part of washing a pet.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some time ago, I discovered a website called Indiegogo which helps inventors finance and market new products.  You do this by buying the product, then if and when it goes up for sale, you get the product.

They had this machine which is a pet washer that uses a special washing agent and does minimal wetting.  They made arrangements for it to be manufactured by Bissell.  It looks like a SpotBot machine.  I bought one, finally received it but have never used it.  I feel certain all 3 of my dogs would go ballistic over this as it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.  Its one of those things you need to start on youngsters.  I don't know if it's ever been sold commercially.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

That is apparently the one being sold by HSN.

A review on amazon by a paraplegic former officer talks about how it works for his dog and for him.  

I'm still not sold on the concept.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Thanks @GingerPeach.  I'll try to find it on HSN and Amazon as I'm eager to read reviews.

Honored Contributor

Here it is.  I didn't even know what they called it.  Sounds like there's a learning curve to using it.  Shampoo refills are expensive.  I got mine for about $80.

https://www.hsn.com/products/bissell-barkbath-with-no-rinse-dog-shampoo/8331572