Honored Contributor

No More Hair Balls!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Here is a pic of my cat right after coming home from getting his summer shave.

100_0888.jpg

His barber told me she shaved off 2 cats!

Before shave (High on cat-n1p) Man Surprised

100_0854.JPG

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

Re: No More Hair Balls!!!!!!

what a beauty!

Esteemed Contributor

Awww, what a pretty babyHeart just make sure he has places to snuggle in, in case he gets cold in the ACHeart

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Poor guy.  Smiley Sad

Cats need their fur to help moderate their body temperature, including in the summertime.

Instead of putting him through that emotional stress, why not just groom him with the Furminator tool 2-3 times a week that will get his undercoat, and also help his skin breathe/cool??? 

And/or why not just give him a small amount of Petromalt everyday?  

And/or just give him a digestive supplement everyday?

And/or just give him a hairball relief treat everyday?

And/or just feed him a hairball-preventing food?

These are all easily available at Amazon, and other vendors.

The privilege and blessing of being an animal guardian does not involve what's best for you convenience-wise.

Unless a cat has a health issue where the vet recommended they be periodically shaved, sorry, but this isn't putting your pet first.

Honored Contributor

Feline groovy I agree! My long hair (Maine coon mix) I asked my vet if I should get him trimmed because he has hair ball issues sometimes. My vet said absolutely not - give him good brushing I do every nite. And believe me I get gobs of hair using the furminator (he loves it).
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Poor guy.  Smiley Sad

Cats need their fur to help moderate their body temperature, including in the summertime.

Instead of putting him through that emotional stress, why not just groom him with the Furminator tool 2-3 times a week that will get his undercoat, and also help his skin breathe/cool??? 

The privilege and blessing of being an animal guardian does not involve what's best for you convenience-wise.

Unless a cat has a health issue where the vet recommended they be periodically shaved, sorry, but this isn't putting your pet first.

ITA .... I give mine a Temptations Treats Hairball Formula every day and no problems, ever!  Heart

Honored Contributor

OP you had your cat shaved??? It doesn't even have long fur!! Sorry, but I think it is extremely cruel to shave your cats fur off. There's a lot of humane things you, as the owner, can do to curb hairballs you know. I have two long hair cats that NEVER have hairballs. You know why? Because I groom them constantly. Cat Mad

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

That poor kitty looks sad and embarrassed.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:
Feline groovy I agree! My long hair (Maine coon mix) I asked my vet if I should get him trimmed because he has hair ball issues sometimes. My vet said absolutely not - give him good brushing I do every nite. And believe me I get gobs of hair using the furminator (he loves it).

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Poor guy.  Smiley Sad

I agree completely.  I was very sad to see the picture.  I have a friend who does this to her cat, and I just can't stand the thought of it.  I keep trying to tell her it's cruel.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)