Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,525
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

I must say this board has become the most depressing place to come.  No one has any good news to post?  I will start......

 

Daisy (were my nic came from) recently finished her 4th agility championship.  This weekend I will be running her at a lower jump height in hopes of qualifying her for her 3rd National Event.  Her little brother I hope just stays in the ring and pays attention to me (beginning to think he has ADHD).

 

Keep it going with positive news....

Don't be so afraid of dying that you forget how to live.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,808
Registered: ‎02-07-2011

Re: No Good Things to Post?????

The weather here in Chicago has been great and of course the Cubbies won!  That's my good news!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,792
Registered: ‎01-22-2013

Re: No Good Things to Post?????

It is a beautiful fall day here in the NY Finger Lakes and it is now 66.  The sun is bright and what is left of our leaves are still very colorful, lots of yellows oranges and rusts.  They are cutting the corn in a field across the creek so the geese and deer will be out later to feast on the corn left behind on the ground.  I love this time of year.  Lunch is over so I am taking my camera and going for ride.  I will stop at the polls and take care of business before enjoying a relaxing ride.  It sounds like it could be a long night.   Enjoy your day everyone.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 259
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: No Good Things to Post?????

[ Edited ]

My newest rescue kitty is adapting very well to her new home.  She is a senior, declawed, no teeth left and has cataracts.  Her former people tossed her out of the house and moved away.  Hateful.  But, she has me now, and after some significant vet work she is a healthy, curious lady.  I was thrilled to see her on the back of the couch last night, gazing out the window, while her new kitty sisters watched on.  That took a lot of trust for her, and it warms my heart to know she has a loving home for her golden years.  

 

That's my good news HeartCat Happy

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: No Good Things to Post?????

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy I agree! Sometimes I just can't even come here because it seems to always be sad/bad news. Not to take away from the pain and struggles everyone is having with pets but sometimes we just need to hear good things!

 

Good luck with qualifying for the National Event! I take my dogs to an aquatic therapy and agility/dock diving training facility so I get to see alot of dogs practicing for events and it is fun to watch! It also warms my heart to see all the people who are caring for elderly pets and doing everything they can for them to keep them healthier and mobile by doing PT and swimming.

 

My good pet news- my one dog is doing really well since starting his underwater treadmill therapy. He likes to go for walks again and is actually running and playing like a puppy (he is old so not a puppy!) again. I am very happy with his progress and it brings tears to my eyes to see him running and having fun again. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,525
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: No Good Things to Post?????


@castlenv wrote:

The weather here in Chicago has been great and of course the Cubbies won!  That's my good news!


Sorry, I cannot heart your post.....I am from Cleveland. Smiley Happy

Don't be so afraid of dying that you forget how to live.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,808
Registered: ‎02-07-2011

Re: No Good Things to Post?????


@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@castlenv wrote:

The weather here in Chicago has been great and of course the Cubbies won!  That's my good news!


Sorry, I cannot heart your post.....I am from Cleveland. Smiley Happy


I'm truly sorry both teams couldn't have won!  But as we have been saying for a century, "wait until next year."

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 51,844
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: No Good Things to Post?????

@CrazyDaisy

On this Election Day, I have two cattidates of the "orange" party.  They differ on their choice of platforms.  One pledges sunshine and the other pledges naps. 

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,637
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: No Good Things to Post?????


@Catlady Nicole wrote:

My newest rescue kitty is adapting very well to her new home.  She is a senior, declawed, no teeth left and has cataracts.  Her former people tossed her out of the house and moved away.  Hateful.  But, she has me now, and after some significant vet work she is a healthy, curious lady.  I was thrilled to see her on the back of the couch last night, gazing out the window, while her new kitty sisters watched on.  That took a lot of trust for her, and it warms my heart to know she has a loving home for her golden years.  

 

That's my good news HeartCat Happy


 

@Catlady Nicole

 

You are a saint! Thank you so much for opening your heart and your home to your senior rescue kitty especially!

 

So often they are dumped once they have health issues and there's not a lot of hope of them being adopted, other than by special people like you!

Smiley cat blancatideo.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,525
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: No Good Things to Post?????


@lolakimono wrote:

@CrazyDaisy

On this Election Day, I have two cattidates of the "orange" party.  They differ on their choice of platforms.  One pledges sunshine and the other pledges naps. 

 


Hard to choose, I like both.

Don't be so afraid of dying that you forget how to live.