Honored Contributor

@Nicknack, wondering how Ava's doing?

Is she getting a little more comfortable with Henry?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: @NickNack, How's Ava doing?

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom   Thanks for asking about Ava.  She is still scared of Henry, but things are getting a little bit better.  She is fine being in the same room with him but doesn't want to walk past him.  I think she's afraid he'll ambush her.  Maybe that happened with the cat she lived with at the breeder's house.  I don't know.

She isn't making that shrieking noise when she's near him like she did at the beginning though.  She quit doing that weeks ago.

She doesn't shake when people come over anymore, but she's still shy with them.  She runs to the door when the doorbell rings.  She's very friendly and playful with me.

It still hasn't really been that long.  I adopted her on May 29th.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

She's doing great in a short amount of time for a naturally shy girl, it does take time!

Glad she's feeling more comfortable around Henry!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

How is her skin infection? I hope she is feeling better and it is healing.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

How is her skin infection? I hope she is feeling better and it is healing.

@elated   The skin looks better, but there are more places.  The Vet told me that there were more places getting ready to lose hair and to expect that.  She said if it looked a lot worse to bring her back before her two week checkup.  I think the skin looks better though, but it's hard to tell.  The top picture is how it looks now, and the bottom picture is before.  What do you all think?

FB5A0145-0C95-4801-B10E-159F8D1334CD_1_201_a.jpeg848D7332-36AE-4323-8789-257467F2601A.jpeg

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I think it looks better. In the first picture, the hair appears to be growing back. I think it will take awhile for the infection to heal. She is very fortunate to have such a caring mom.  

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I think it looks better. In the first picture, the hair appears to be growing back. I think it will take awhile for the infection to heal. She is very fortunate to have such a caring mom.  

Thank you @elated .  The skin seems a little redder now, but I think it looks a little better, too.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

With all the doom and gloom in the world, I enjoy reading about Ava and Henry.  I know everything will turn out good for your family. The pictures of them are great. Take care and have a good day.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

I’m glad to hear that Ava is doing better!  She and Henry are really making progress.  You are so right, it will take time, but they are moving forward.

Does the affected skin look dryer?  Did the vet say what caused the infection?

Good Wishes to all of you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack 

I’m glad to hear that Ava is doing better!  She and Henry are really making progress.  You are so right, it will take time, but they are moving forward.

Does the affected skin look dryer?  Did the vet say what caused the infection?

Good Wishes to all of you.

Thank you @Drythe .  Ava's skin was never damp.  The Vet just said it was a bacterial skin infection.  I'm going to ask what she thinks caused it when I see her next Friday.  I'm not sure she'll know though.  

-Henry David Thoreau