Trusted Contributor
After losing Lilly last month my daughter and granddaughter are looking at puppies again. My granddaughter swore she couldn't do it but they looked at some puppies and are falling in love again. I am so happy. I think I see a new addition to our family on the horizon. It does my heart good to know that void will be filled, not with a replacement, but a new four legged friend. ❤️
Respected Contributor

Happy for you and your family. No, one can't replace the other but can fill a place that was missing in your heart.

Super Contributor

@KCDiva I hope they also include their local animal shelter and SPCA in their search. There are wonderful dogs including puppies looking for good homes. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@KCDiva I hope they also include their local animal shelter and SPCA in their search. There are wonderful dogs including puppies looking for good homes. 

@Rose429 But nothing with other puppies as well.  It is a big commitment for many years and folks should go with what they really want and what makes their joy complete. 

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva I'm happy that your daughter/granddaughter are seeking a new family member.  It takes time and we never forget our furry family, but in time it will help assuage the pain of loss.  I wish them much happiness with their new pup.

Trusted Contributor
Thank you. It makes my heart happy to know they are ready. What started it was a pet store they passed by and went in and ended up holding some puppies. However they would not buy from a pet store and the Chihuahua was $3500. !! Ridiculous. I'm just glad to know my granddaughter is open to a new love. Never a replacement.
Super Contributor

@Sooner U said nothing with other puppies as well. Also folks should go with what they really want. Not even sure what you are saying? Did I tell the poster what to do. Only made a suggestion. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@Sooner U said nothing with other puppies as well. Also folks should go with what they really want. Not even sure what you are saying? Did I tell the poster what to do. Only made a suggestion. 

@Rose429 No, you didn't say anything but I am all for people getting the animal they want and are excited to get, and for people always saying you must "rescue" rather than buy a specific breed.  

I love and cherish a number of breeds in horses, cats and dogs and worry all the time that every dog on earth will be a pit bull mix and we will lose the variety of dogs that we love now. 

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva Good for you and your family!  I lost my sweet westie, Toby Snow on July 4 at 16 years and 2 months old.  I felt as though I had lost my best friend and perhaps an arm at the same time.  We took the plunge and got a new puppy July 21.  He is NOT Toby but he is filling the void for love and companionship that was missing.  Our house feels like a home again.  

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva 

The wonderful thing about hearts is that they can expand to take

in new Loves, while still holding those who have gone to the bridge.

💗

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras