Trusted Contributor

As some of you may remember I posted at the beginning of February that we had to put our beloved Springer, Zeke, down. Well, last Friday we got a puppy. He is also a Springer Spaniel and his name is Benny. He's almost nine weeks old. I tried to find a Springer thru various rescues, but had no luck. So we got him from a breeder. He is our third Springer and will definitely be our last. He's very affectionate, loves people and other dogs. The potty training has been hit or miss, but the past two days have been more hit than miss. The only other thing I can say is, I haven't had any problem sleeping since we got him. I'm dead tired at the end of the day. I'm glad he sleeps all night!❤🐾

Respected Contributor

Congrats, CONGRATS! I love these kind of posts...they make my heart happy and I appreciate those who take the time to give updates. Love after loss...wonderful. 💕

@NEvans2, all the best to you and Benny!!! 🐶   

Honored Contributor

@NEvans2    Pictures, we need puppy pictures!  It's required here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
@NEvans2 - Congratulations on your new furry. Um, we need to see pictures, please so we can awww and ahhh at his cuteness.
Esteemed Contributor

I’m so excited for your growing family. Love the name Benny and can’t wait to see pictures of him.

Respected Contributor

Good for you. The home isn't the same without a pet in it to love.

Honored Contributor

I am so happy for you..,,wishing long lives for both of you....I'm sure there is much joy in your household with your new family member🐶💝

Respected Contributor

Re: New family member

[ Edited ]

Congratulations on your new puppy. Post a pic when you get a chance.

I am going through a similar situation in that my dog passed away 7 months ago.  I'm looking at rescue sites and have inquired about a few dogs but haven't gone to physically look at any yet.  Since Brandy died I have missed having a dog in the house but I think it's mainly that I miss her.  She was so sweet and I had her for 11 years.  I do have an 11-year old cat who I love but it's not the same as a dog. I do have a few health issues and wonder if I should get another dog.  Any comments  or encouragement would be appreciated.  TIA

Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do pictures. I'm going to have my son help me with that tomorrow.💕

Trusted Contributor

@Catty2  My advice is try to get a dog that's a couple years old. This little guy is running me ragged. I was almost in tears earlier this evening because I just wanted to sit for half an hour. But I keep telling myself, he's just a baby. I also understand how much you miss Brandy. A couple weeks after we put Zeke down everyone was asking if we were going to get another dog. My answer was I don't want A Dog, I want My Dog! But I decided, that at 67, I still had it in me for one more.