Honored Contributor

New York: Positive adoption news

In the midst of all the troubles New Yorkers, in particular, are having, the pet adoptions are apparently going so well there aren't any pets left to adopt, according to this news report:

bloomberg DOT com/news/articles/2020-03-25/newest-shortage-in-new-york-the-city-is-running-out-of-dogs

"We definitely don't have any dogs left to match," says rescue.

Layla the dog waits as paperwork is completed to take her to a new foster home in New Orleans on March 24.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: New York: Positive adoption news

Bring them home.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Now that's a silver lining right there! 🐾❤️🐾❤️🐾❤️🐾❤️🐾

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach -

Wow, that makes me cry.

I wish it could be that way all over!

Yea NY!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

What a blessing!

SCRNYC rescued my boy from NYCAC just in the nick of time.  NYCAC is a #ellhole imho and my heart bleeds for all the poor furbabies who land up in that high-kill "shelter".

My boy was brought up to me 4yrs ago.  He is such a blessing.  Eddy puts a smile on the faceand joy to EVERYONE he meets!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing that story and the beautiful picture! I suspect that many like myself are hugging their fur children, so grateful to the recipients of their love, comfort and support. I also pray that there will be angels to take care of the pets of those who are victims of the virus.

Valued Contributor

I've been wondering what happens to the pets left behind by covid19 patients who live alone. I imagine you would need masks and gloves to enter homes to feed or retrieve the pets. In Philadelphia we have the Red Paw Emergency Relief team who rescue pets from house fires but I don't know how they would handle this situation.