Valued Contributor

We got a new kitten yesterday.  He (at least we are fairly sure it is a he) was 9 weeks old yesterday.  Our Chloe (aka Mayhem) (18 months) was always so bored and in trouble all the time that we wanted to get her playmate.  She is not thrilled.  She seems scared of little Ollie, scared but also curious so I am hoping within a few days she will accept him and they will start playing together and become best buds.  He is orange and white, very handsome little guy.  Chloe was a street rescue and was a very sick 7 week old when we found her, she would not play and just wanted to sleep.  Once we got her healthy she started playing and acting like a normal kitten, Ollie came from the daughter of a friend who's indoor cat snuck out and got pregnant, he was raised inside and well taken care of and very playful, a normal kitten.  Chloe had a rough start but is now healthy and happy and hopefully she will be back to her normal self soon once she gets used to a new kitten in her house.  Lucky who is close to 18 and who I thought would have the most trouble accepting a kitten (he did with Chloe) seems to be doing ok with the kitten.  He hisses at him but does not seem put off by him.  One day I will learn how to post pictures and will post pictures of all.  

Esteemed Contributor

Aww that's so sweet to have a new kitten. I hope that soon Chloe will take on a big sister role and enjoy having company.

Best wishes for it all to go well.

Respected Contributor

I got my Stormie (male) from my sister who feeds a feral colony. He was about 6 mos. old when he came here to live. He is a handful, though I've had him almost 2 years now. He gets along better with my other male cat, but picks on my female on occassion. She's very shy and I have to yell at him to leave her alone because she won't fight back. Good luck with your new baby and hope they all get along at some point.

Honored Contributor

@rustysmom   Kittens are such fun!  They're also a lot of trouble, as you know.  I'm glad your older cat seems to be accepting him.  I'm sure Chloe will come around soon.  

It's easy to post pictures on here.  Just go to the forum titled Welcome Get Started.  The second thread is How To Post Photos. I look forward to seeing pictures of all three of your kitties!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I found a 4 week old kitten in our back yard. She is now 17 months. She got along with all of our other cats. No hissing, fighting, nothing. Maybe because she was so tiny when we got her. She was never any trouble. She is best buds with Skitter. So hopefully all goes well.

Respected Contributor

Rustysmom,

Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww, how darling and lucky for all of you to have found each other and have love in your heart/humane outlook to bring a new baby into your lives!

I just love humane humans - my favorite kind you know!

With time, patience and a lot of watching over them all it should work out for the best....be sure to "fix" the new family member soon as you're able & don't let 'em out - the great outdoors is not-so-great for a pet - unless they're out with their mom & dad closely supervised.

best of luck to you all & MAZEL TOV! 

PS - I'm a bit jealous!  

I mean, I love my cat Shadow to the ends of the earth & back, and my feral pal Matthew as well - but a baby animal steals my heart all over again!!! just sayin  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Rustysmom,

Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww, how darling and lucky for all of you to have found each other and have love in your heart/humane outlook to bring a new baby into your lives!

I just love humane humans - my favorite kind you know!

With time, patience and a lot of watching over them all it should work out for the best....be sure to "fix" the new family member soon as you're able & don't let 'em out - the great outdoors is not-so-great for a pet - unless they're out with their mom & dad closely supervised.

best of luck to you all & MAZEL TOV! 

PS - I'm a bit jealous!  

I mean, I love my cat Shadow to the ends of the earth & back, and my feral pal Matthew as well - but a baby animal steals my heart all over again!!! just sayin  Smiley Wink

They are already starting to get along, Chloe was getting closer to Ollie this morning and they may be playing by the end of the day.   (Smiley Happy  Olllie sees the vet on MOnday, the 20th for an initial checkup and when he is old/big enough, we will have him fixed.  My cats are strictly indoor cats, I have had some indoor/outdoor cats in the past, well actually only one, and that is because she was a llittle stray that showed up at my house and even after I let her in, she wanted to go in and out, but she is the only one that I have ever let out.  As she got older she seemed less interested in going outside so for the last few years of her life, she became a totally indoor cat.  Thanks for your well wishes, I think it will all turn out fine.