Respected Contributor

A couple of weeks ago I asked for some name suggestions for a grandpuppy we were getting.  As it turns out we got two grandpuppies.  They are from a rescue and are a chihauhau/beagle mix.  We named them Brook (on the left) and Meadow (on the right).  @threecees named her dog Meadow and I really liked it.  Thanks for everyone's suggestions, it was a hard decision.  Boy, what a handful.

Brook Meadow.jpg

Honored Contributor

Little cuties!  Heart

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Winkk 

So cute!

Bless you for adopting!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Your puppies are so cute and I love the names you chose. Enjoy your new fur babies.

Respected Contributor

@Winkk   Beagle/Chihauhau is an interesting mix.  They are so cute.....they kind of look like smaller beagles.  I'm curious, was the Chihauhau the mother or the father?  (I hope the father.)  I like the names you chose because they don't sound anything alike; that way there will be no doubt which one you are calling (or reprimanding)!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Winkk   Beagle/Chihauhau is an interesting mix.  They are so cute.....they kind of look like smaller beagles.  I'm curious, was the Chihauhau the mother or the father?  (I hope the father.)  I like the names you chose because they don't sound anything alike; that way there will be no doubt which one you are calling (or reprimanding)!

We were thinking the same thing @2blonde that maybe they will be small beagles.  We do know who the parents are, mother chihauhau and father beagle.  We never had two puppies at once so we wanted to give them different names for when we call them.  Like you said this way they will know who we are referring to.  We were thinking of Madison and Meadow but they were too much alike.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk 

OMG, they are soooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

I just wanna hug 'em!!!!!!!!!!

Great names!

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Winkk 

OMG, they are soooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

I just wanna hug 'em!!!!!!!!!!

Great names!

@ChiliPepper - I know.  That's what we have been doing, just hugging them.  We never had small dogs before all of our other dogs have been big.  These llittle girls love to be cuddled. 

Respected Contributor

@Winkk   Ahh......great minds do think alike!  Have lots of fun with those two little darlings, and good luck when they both run from you in different directions!  Cat Very Happy

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Great names!  Brook reminds me of Brooke Shields and Brooke Astor, the philanthropist and socialite who died 12 years ago at 105.