Respected Contributor

Just came across this picture and wanted to share:

May be an image of outdoors

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Mommy and baby squirrels!  What a beautiful picture of such a precious sweet baby cradled in mama's arms.  I have never seen a baby squirrel and I thank you for sharing such a happy picture of nature's gifts!

Honored Contributor

What a little cutie!

Does anyone know ... when a squirrel has babies, how many are typically in the litter ... or batch ... or whatever it's called?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What a little cutie!

Does anyone know ... when a squirrel has babies, how many are typically in the litter ... or batch ... or whatever it's called?

@Tinkrbl44 I think it must be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500...Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Just read 2-4 babies, they have them twice a year.  So twins...they didn't answer that part for you. @Tinkrbl44 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What a little cutie!

Squirrels have a litter of 2-4 babies, called kits or kittens, in February and March.  Older female squirrels will produce a second litter in August.  The timing of the births will vary based upon latitude and availability of food.  The babies will leave the nest at three months of age and reach full size nine months after being born.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha  Wow, kits or kittens.  Never knew that.  The people here are SO SMART!!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Mersha  Wow, kits or kittens.  Never knew that.  The people here are SO SMART!!

@qualitygal   I had no clue about the kits.  I learned about it on Google and copied it here. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mersha,

I've never seen a baby squirrel either and how precious is the mother cradling her baby!

I have seen tiny squirrels especially in the spring and I think they must be the babies getting out and about.

Yes, thank you for posting this!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Cat Very HappyHeart