Honored Contributor

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I thought of that @Kachina624  But  ,only a field between us , and the dog is very skiddish,  i think it is bored, they have two young kids,he built a huge barn ,that has a wood working business in,today he was putting up christmas lights ,not paying any attention,my neighbor said he gets busy working,and dog roams,  he needs to get a fence.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

And yea for you @MoonieBaby!🥰 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Mrs SB:

What a lovely and heart warming story! First, there should never be any "outdog" dogs. They should be inside, loved and cared for - warm and safe.

So kind of you to take the dogs in and I'm sure you made their lives happier.

And glad you rescued an older dog. If only there were more people like you in the world!

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

That pooch would already be in my parent's house as their next pup....for real. 

You sound like my daugher. For real Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I hope that dog doesn't get hit. I don't know if you live in a rural setting, but I do and people here let their dogs roam. I keep mine on my property, but other people don't.

Super Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

Mrs SB:

What a lovely and heart warming story! First, there should never be any "outdog" dogs. They should be inside, loved and cared for - warm and safe.

So kind of you to take the dogs in and I'm sure you made their lives happier.

And glad you rescued an older dog. If only there were more people like you in the world!

I certainly agree with you @DSD2 .  It's a strange mindset some of the locals have here in Hawaii (and elsewhere I'm sure) that animals belong outside.  It's somewhat easier to accept because or our milder year round weather.  But still breaks my heart when I see it. I get such satisfaction, peace and joy just seeing our girl, Mosey, all content and relaxed on her bed or on the couch or wherever she prefers.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Respected Contributor

A young, now-single guy who lives down the street from us has a husky that gets loose. 

I make sure that I feed and give him water when he gets to our house. Then I do a Facebook IM to his owner to let him know he's loose.  Usually I walk him back to his house and tie him up in the front yard.  If he goes past our house, then he would end up on a busy country road and I don't want to see him get killed. 

The funny part is that our husky races thru his dog door from the fenced yard to scarf down any food left in his bowl so the outside intruder won't get it. LOL 

Good luck w/the Aussie's owner. 

Honored Contributor

If the dog crossed the road and was on my land, I would do what was necessary for it’s safety.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

That Aussie is probably wanting a job to do and looking for animals to herd. Some breeds are difficult to keep home, even with a fence.  But an Aussie without a fence stands no chance of staying home unless he can be kept busy there.  

We had an Aussie who would herd a soccer ball all around our place (all fenced) and "talk" to it the whole time. Just keeping busy! He wowed a soccer team practicing at the beach one day. Got the ball and they couldn't believe his moves. Wanted to sign him up.