Respected Contributor

Gotta love you all, thank you for your responses. Today, I'm looking out back to see if she's outside and avoiding her and dog.

Yes, I am sick of her dog jumping on my babies! They are animals, unpredictable and must be leashed. He never listens to her when she's yelling, "Come " he could care less!

My pups don't like being jumped. 

IMG_0390.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar  Your babies are so beautiful.  I am sorry about your inconsiderate neighbor.  You are a good dog momma.  Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar   OMG, what beautiful babies!!!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Thank you sooo much. I had to show them, they are delicate, sweet natured dogs and Ozzie just  loves EVERYONE and I'm going to keep it that way.  I still haven't run into her...good, maybe some common sense sunk in. 

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Mustang Shar I understand what you're saying.  I can't tell you how many times I've had unleashed dogs run up to my dog and I on walks. They'll  say "he's friendly" as if that makes it ok. My dog doesn't like other dogs and gets upset when accosted like that. Alot of ignorant pet owners out there. I don't even walk my tiny dog at all just the larger one.Afraid the 10lb. dog would be hurt or killed. 

Ditto!  I gon't "get" that.

I feel like saying, "okay. do you have a leash".

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Neighbor -UNLEASHED

[ Edited ]

UPDATE

I hadn't seen her and dog for a few days now.  This morning I see them. I hid out with Ozzie and watched as she got to our cul de sac released the leash and guess what HE TAKES OFF towards the backyard WHICH backs up to a busy street.  He did stop but wasn't coming to her. Amazed that she isn't EVEN concerned that he'd run into traffic. She's an idiot and that's that. 

Trusted Contributor

I hope you don't mind if I add a vent to your thread about keeping dogs on leashes.  We live on 3 acres of land, and it is quite clearly private property.  One day I saw a couple walking down our long driveway (trespassing) with their dog on a leash.  When they reached the bottom of the driveway, they took their dog off it's leash and then watched, pointing and laughing as their dog ran into our horse's corral, running circles around, and leaping at our horse.  I couldn't believe how stupid these humans were.  At any moment our horse could have been injured, or their dog could have been killed.  And the people were laughing!!!  I yelled at the people (politely, if I do say so myself) to get their dog back on it's leash.  It took them 5 minutes to catch their dog, and then they slowly strolled back up our driveway to the road as though nothing had happened. 

Seriously??? What is wrong with people?  That's when we put electric gates across our driveway and posted big, unfriendly no trespassing signs.  

Esteemed Contributor

Your neighbor does not have any common sense at all. It is not the dogs fault but, the fault of the women who owns this dog. Not only unleashed dogs but, believe it or not leashed ones. We have people in our neighborhood that tie there dogs up in there backyard and let them bark and bark. One day a baby deer showed up in this women's yard and the dog started barking..... meanwhile momma deer runs over to her baby deer and starts kicking this poor little dog. The momma deer was very aggressive and finally some of the neighbors [I ran over too] ran over and tried to save this little dog. This was horrible to watch and to hear .. finally one of the neighbors shot his gun in the air and the momma and baby deer ran off. [We have a ton of deer here in NJ] we tended to the dog who was taken to the vet and suffered no major injuries. The women thanked us and never left her dog alone again she and her dog were  lucky.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

UPDATE

I hadn't seen her and dog for a few days now.  This morning I see them. I hid out with Ozzie and watched as she got to our cul de sac released the leash and guess what HE TAKES OFF towards the backyard WHICH backs up to a busy street.  He did stop but wasn't coming to her. Amazed that she isn't EVEN concerned that he'd run into traffic. She's an idiot and that's that. 

She is a moron.... she does not deserve to have a animal. She sounds like she wants to get rid of the dog .. very sad!  Please contact animal control and tell them what you posted ... [your fur babies are adorable by the way] I will pray for the poor  dog.Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

Do you live in an HOA?  If so, complain to the person in charge.  Unfortunately I had to, but for a different reason.  Shortly after moving in to our new home we realized our neighbors two dogs barked A LOT.  Especially at night and the very early hours of the morning.  There were times they went out of town for a couple of days to the lake where they have a boat and they would keep dogs in basement but they had access via a doggie door.  That's when it got really bad.  One of the dogs is not too friendly, my neighbor had warned us and calling him "schizo."  When these dogs would bark, it was set off other dogs in the neighborhood.  It was horrible.... 9 p.m., 10 p.m., 12 p.m., 4 a.m., on and on.  I didn't want to call the police or animal control because I didn't want the animals taken away.  So, I informed the person in charge of our HOA.  I can tell that this wasn't a new occurence and has been getting a lot of complaints of barking dogs.  It has gotten better....fingers crossed.