Honored Contributor

🐕 Negrita & Chi-Chi 🐕‍🦺

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

Happy 3 months Anniversary

proxy-image.gif

Looking for wild turkeys to chase (during "outdoor" dog whistle training)

IMG_0185.jpg

I'm grass grooming myself instead of obeying "sit" dog whistle command.

IMG_0184.jpg

Ready for my close up & treats prior to nap time...

IMG_0193.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🐕 Negrita & Chi-Chi 🐕‍🦺

@Mz iMac  Cute photos! But be careful with the dog whistle around bees. I was blowing it for my Basset Hound to come and a bee stung me right after I blew it! I threw it out. 
   In training classes and now I use a "clicker" for my Jack Russell.

Honored Contributor

Very cute! Looks like she's about to roll in something...? Hope it wasn't stinky!

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers   Luckly, the bees are still hybernating in my neck of the woods.  Come to think of it, never saw bees in the woods (which is where I was whistle training her), no flowers.  But, thanks for the heads up.  Will make sure I am no where near any flowers at least not the pollen making ones when whistle training.

I started to get a "clicker" but changed my mind when I noticed that inside when I snap my fingers & slap my thigh, it gets her attention & she comes running to my side.  Outside, is another matter.  Pays me no mind = sensory overload.  Because of the nice weather today, it was her 1st day of whistle training "off leash."  I fogot to bring her "treats.doh.gif

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  No worries.Smiley LOL   I was nowhere near "deer" territory.  I am always on the lookout for "deer poop."  She just started that grass rolling yesterday (warmer weather?).   When I took her harness off, she really got down to the grass rolling.

EDIT:  looked it up.  Dogs like rolling in poop & animal urine. faint.gif

Guess who's getting a dry shampoo?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac 

Mine loves squirrel poo. After going outside my girl comes in sporting her stinky smear thing on her neck...oh the aroma! pee-yew! She thinks she's bringing me a gift ..."See mom, I brought you something from out there".eeewww

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   And Chi Chi GREETINGS and happy Anniversary to you both too!🎉🎉🎉🎉♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ Three months! 

How's Chi Chi settling in?  Nagrita seems to know the routine....she loves dinner time....loves walks and going out in the back yard  chase a squirrel or two. She is such a good dog..,never has had an accident in the house, never chews anything up...minds so well. I think she is very smart.  Did you see the break down of the DNA test I did on her?

Mixed Breed

24.6% German Shepherd Dog

15.7% American Pit Bull Terrier

15.0% Chow Chow

8.7% Dalmatian

6.2% Pekingese

5.8% Boxer

5.2% Samoyed

18.8% Supermutt 
EMBARK SUPERMUTT ANALYSIS 

What’s in that Supermutt? There may be small amounts of DNA from these distant ancestors:

Here is a picture I took  of her today... She never lets me catch a cute picture 😄

it is a lovely Spring like day in the Pacific NorthWest today...upper 50's.  Nagrita loves to sit and lay  in the sun ...she loves the warmth. She is also a Sea Hawks fan like my DH....no matter if they win or lose😄

Thank you for sharing the great pictures of your loves! Chi Chi looks very content ❤️❤️❤️4CE09DB8-5AE4-412B-8067-BE5B8D1A4DD9.jpeg12EFB079-547E-42AE-9DA3-597AB7F1B1D3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   It looks like Chi Chi has some Shepard in her too....I bet Negrita and she have some DNA matches somewhere....,

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Chi-Chi has the routine down pat.  With daylight savings time coming up, I'll have to wean her on staying outside longer in the evenings once the weather warms up.

For a Chihuahua she is very socialable.  Everyone in the complex just loves her death & she returns the love by licking. Smiley LOL

She has not barked since her 2nd day from being rescued.

I don't think she likes other "female" dogs.  She growls at "female" dogs.  Pays no mind if the dog is male.  I can't take her to a dog park. icon_exclaim.gifOne of the reasons why I take her to a running track.  She likes running ahead of the high school track runners.  She thinks they are chasing her.  The track coach just loves her.

No house accident because she refuses to do so.  ONLY wants to go outside no matter the weather to do her business.   I gave all but 10 of the pee pads away.  One day, I found her sleeping on a dog pad. Smiley LOL  That was it for me.  The 10 I saved for "just in case."

When I leave for a few hours, I let her free roam the apt.  Never an issue.  No barking or chewing on furniture.  I only crate her at bedtime (covered) unlocked.  I leave the crate uncovered when she goes inside on her own.

Still pays no attention to her toys.  I am giving them away except for the heart beat toy.  Paid too much money for that one.

Still turns her nose up at peanut butter.

She's now on high energy kibble to prevent weight gain.  Chi-Chi now is all mustle & weight has been steady for the last 3 months - 9 lbs.  She lost 6 oz. Smiley LOL

She has scheduled groom/spa treatments every other month.  I can't be bothered w/baths & nail clippings.  The groomer told me Chi-Chi does not like being blow dried.  She gets towel dried instead.  Price is not bad because she is a "small breed."

Inside I'm Alpha.  Outside, I'm up for grabs.  If I can't outside whistle train her in a month, will take her to Petsmarth's dog whistle training classes.

Oh, I already got Chi-Chi her Easter dress. Smiley LOL Will post a pic Easter since I will be home.

She goes for her 2nd lyme vaccine next week.  Now that I know it affects her not in a good way, I will let her sleep away the day inside her crate.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.