Valued Contributor

Needy Meds Prescription Discount Card For Pets Information

B5252CA8-C7B0-4ED3-8039-A08F8F27B6D2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Needy Meds Prescription Discount Card For Pets Information

@Reconnaissant.  I've used Good RX to fill prescriptions for my dogs but they were not strictly veterinarian medications.   They were medications normally carried by pharamacies.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Reconnaissant.  I've used Good RX to fill prescriptions for my dogs but they were not strictly veterinarian medications.   They were medications normally carried by pharamacies.

@Kachina624 

I didn’t know Good RX had a pet prescription program also. Thank you 

Honored Contributor

@Reconnaissant.  They don't. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Did they write the script out in your name, @Kachina624 ?  I didn't think that GoodRX would honor a RX for a dog.  I did get a discount card from Walgreens for my dog.  It has been so long that I can't remember if I had to pay for it or not......the card, I mean.  The animal hospital wrote the script out in my dog's name and the card was in his name.

Over 30 years ago I had a vet that wrote a heart med for my dog, but wrote the script in my name.  They did things differently back then.  I didn't think anything of it then.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs.  My vet had Good RX cards at the reception desk and suggested I get the prescription filled using the card.  It's been 3 years ago but as I recall, just the dog's name was on it.  I told the pharmacy clerk I had a script for my dig

Esteemed Contributor

Prescription drug plans are only good for drugs that are approved for both human and veterinary medicine.  There are many drugs that have not been approved for humans that are used by vets.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy 

If you’re curious about the pet meds Needy Meds has a phone number for questions.