Respected Contributor

I have a Maltese and I noticed today that he has a small fluid filled little sac on his right lower eyelid. Do I just need to have the vet stop by and check it? Do these usually go away? Anyone have any advice? Thank you! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need some help....

[ Edited ]

Vet. Might be an impacted eye lash or pink eye type of infection. Hey, try VetMD on line and see if you come up with something.

Valued Contributor

I would definately have your vet take a look, eyes are nothing to fool with.

Respected Contributor

My maltese has one on her lip.  It is not fluid filled tho.  Vet says its more like a skin tag

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with skin tag.  My vet just shrugged and said the same.  Eventually it might break and a little blood will drain out.  (just like humans)   Over the dog's life he/she might continue to have several.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Agree with skin tag.  My vet just shrugged and said the same.  Eventually it might break and a little blood will drain out.  (just like humans)   Over the dog's life he/she might continue to have several.

Wow here again, dogs have skin tags? I never knew that! But you did go to the vet on it. For me, I would too. I am a worry wort, and especially if it's my baby.

Honored Contributor

I think anything that close to the eye is important enough to go to the Vet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau