Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Prayers for "Beauty Junkie," Mama to "Cookie" and Lover of All Fur Babi

BJ-My Dear Friend, you know you are always in my prayers.  You are try to stay strong and continue to fight.  I know how hard it is to constantly be in pain.  I pray something helps soon my friend.  Hugs and prayers always!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Prayers for "Beauty Junkie," Mama to "Cookie" and Lover of All Fur Babi

[ Edited ]

@sfnative@beauty junkie 

Adding my prayers for (((beauty junkie))), and for her medical team.   She's a kind soul, a valuable and long-time member of the Community, a dear friend to so many including the four-footed variety.   It breaks my heart to know she's suffering.    You are so thoughtful to give us this update, @sfnative.   I know you also are up against daunting challenges, and I keep you on my prayer list, too.   (((gentle hugs))) to you both.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative 

Yes, BJ is so often on my thread, "That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter," and we have been aware of her multiple--and painful--health problems.  She posts from time to time but it is an enormous effort.

Our prayers are always with her, but we will redouble our efforts in that department.  She is one tough lady and has a heart of gold.

Thank you for alerting us to this recent decline. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone - OP Here,

"Beauty Junkie" shared with me that your prayers are working!

She was able to get in to see her PCP.  At the end of the appointment, he gave her an rx for a med that has made it possible for her to eat.  The new medication is not a cure by any means, but she is able to consume food, feels a bit better and her pain level is down somewhat.

Her endoscopy is coming up, which will determine whether her GI doc will recommend surgery or not.  She really, really doesn't want another surgery, so we're hoping the scope findings are such that she can avoid it.

Will get back to you with more news, hoping it's good,  when available.

Thanking all of you so much for being there for our Beauty Junkie at this most challenging time.

God Bless ~ Rebecca

Esteemed Contributor

I remember BJ what a sweet heart. I am so sorry to hear this. She prayed  with us when Libby was sick and had her open heart operations. She loved all animals and was always starting threads about  people who lost  their animals or if  people were sick and in need of pray. I was wondering about her and why she has not posted in such a long time. She is in our prayers.Anna

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Miss BJ you are in my prayers. I know well how it feels to be sick and in the hospital. I remember when you prayed for me when little hope came from my doctors. When I had 20 percent chance of getting well I did and you will too. God bless you! Love, your friend Libby

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

Hi Everyone - OP Here,

"Beauty Junkie" shared with me that your prayers are working!

She was able to get in to see her PCP.  At the end of the appointment, he gave her an rx for a med that has made it possible for her to eat.  The new medication is not a cure by any means, but she is able to consume food, feels a bit better and her pain level is down somewhat.

Her endoscopy is coming up, which will determine whether her GI doc will recommend surgery or not.  She really, really doesn't want another surgery, so we're hoping the scope findings are such that she can avoid it.

Will get back to you with more news, hoping it's good,  when available.

Thanking all of you so much for being there for our Beauty Junkie at this most challenging time.

God Bless ~ Rebecca

Continue to pray for BJ and thank you for updating us with this good news. Anna

Trusted Contributor

continued prayers for beauty junkie. 🙏🏻❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I believe prayers work.

Adding mine.

Adding mine too. I just saw this thread...........