Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Prayers Please For Fiona

@sceniccoast 

I am praying for Fiona.

Respected Contributor

Sceniccoast,

Praying for baby Fiona to make a speedy recovery.....news of our beloved pets having health issues always breaks my heart....I usually send prayers to Saint Francis as well when I need EXTRA help!

Respected Contributor

Good Evening all Schmoosters & Furbaby Parents,

Thanks to all here who are praying for Sweet Fiona.  It means the world to me & especially Fiona.

I called her Mom to check on her today.  The pain meds & antibiotics have kicked in again so she's a happy dog today.  She began her day by playing - brought her Mom a toy.  I could hear her barking in the background & her Mom said she's barking at their neighbor's dog "Buddy" that Fiona gets along well with.

Her Mom promised me to let me know when they get the test results back & I'll let you know.  

You all have big hearts .. thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.  

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

Fiona is 11 yrs old now.

There's a long story for the breakup of Fiona's Mom(s).  The Mom who caused the divorce is now across country & our Friend still stayed local.  She wasn't the one who adopted Sweetie out.  She didn't know about it.  I didn't know about it until the day it happened & only by accident.  I was talking to the Mom who was still here when the older couple came for Sweetie.  My heart broke in many pieces over that.

I asked her if I could keep Fiona rather than adopting her out.  I took her to work with me for a few days & contacted our friend (who was in the city next to us) & she came to meet me in my office.  She wanted Fiona back & was very upset to learn her "ex" adopted Sweetie out.  But it was a bit of a wait & convincing her new landlord to let her have Fiona there.  It finally worked & they've been back together since.

As for the other Mom (across country) it was all about putting herself first!  Boy, I was very angry.  She did a few very wrong things to our Friend which caused our Friend to start over from scratch.  

Anyways, a happy ending to see our Friend & Fiona back together.  Beginning of this year, she adopted a black kitten so Fiona would have company.  They now nap & play together.  Although Little Wallace (I call Wally) has a bit too much energy for Fiona at times.

But, they're cute together & I believe love each other.  Thank you for your prayers & thoughtfulness.