Esteemed Contributor

To Everyone:   I cannot thank you enough for all the kind words.   I am Skippy sitting--LOL.   My son had to go to work.  He sent the results to the Vet he worked for, and I think he is planning on seeing the Oncologist.   I  cannot see Skippy living much longer.  ( I hope I am wrong)  Skippy started walking funny about a year ago. They thought it was Arthritus.  He was diagnosed with Lyme disease many years ago, but they say there is no sign of that.  (strange)  His biggest problem is when he goes outside, his back legs collapse. 

He doesn't seem to be in pain.  I hope he likes me rocking him.  He is eating good, and drinking good.  My son working in the Navy limits him to be able to call me or text me from work.  I will update when I get more news. One thing I forgot is Skippy cannot bark anymore.  That has also been going on for a long time. 

Your kind thoughts and words have really touched me.  I can't thank you enough! 

Spoiler
 Heart
Respected Contributor

Heart{{{BalletBabe}}}Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe

I'm so glad to hear you are with Skippy.  Please keep us updated.  Wishing you and your son and Skippy all the best.    Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Heart{{{BalletBabe}}}Heart

@MisticI don't know what you mean.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

@BalletBabe

I'm so glad to hear you are with Skippy.  Please keep us updated.  Wishing you and your son and Skippy all the best.    Heart

Well the Oncologist was supposed to call and nothing.   He sent Skippy test results to the vet he worked for and hasn't heard from her either.   Frustrating!!!!

Skippy isn't doing bad.  He is eating, and drinking.  Sleeping a lot.  When I picked him up , he didn't seem to hurt him.   I cried when I left.  So I will be going over again in the afternoon tomorrow.  I had to come home and care for my dog and Parrot.  

I will post more when I know anymore.  Thanks again everyone!

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe ~

Hey ~ Just sending you a Hug ~ {{{Hug}}}Heart

I know how hard this must be for you and your Son.

Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@BalletBabe~

Hey ~ Just sending you a Hug ~ {{{Hug}}}Heart

I know how Thank you so much!!!

hard this must be for you and your Son.

Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you.

@Mistic   Thank you so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mistic@Catty2@CamilleP@Fressa@Sweet Caroline 1@Kachina624   

If I missed anyone sorry----Skippy goes to the oncologist on Wednesday---I will keep you poasted.  Thanks everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE ON SKIPPY---MY SON RUSHED HIM TO THE VET.  HE CALED ME AND SAID I AM ALMOST THERE AT 8:00 TONIGHT, I SAID WHAT????  HE HAS TO WORK OVER THE WEEKEND AND HE IS AFRAID SKIPPY WASN'T GOING TO MAKE IT MUCH LONGER.   I SAID GOODBYE, EVEN THOUGH I AM HOPING IT WON'T BE THE LAST TIME.   MAN THIS IS ROUGH!!!   SON HAS TO WORK ALL WEEKEND  THE VET GAVE HIM PREDNISONE SO WE WILL SEE.   

I DON'T THINK HE HAS MUCH LONGER MYSELF.    TEARS  Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe  I know this is such a tough time for you and your son.......and also Skippy.  I am not sure if I read correctly, but I am thinking that Skippy has lymphoma.  I have had two dogs with this horrid disease.  Both lived 6 months after diagnosis and one passed in 1995 and the other in 2016.  The treatment was the same even after all those years.  One thing is that prednisone does help with the comfort of the disease.  It in no way cures it. I hope that the vet can give him something to help Skippy in his last days  One thing about lymphoma (if that is what it is) is that it is not a painful disease.  The dog just slowly weakens.  Your son will know when it is time to say good bye.  It will be so hard, but it sounds like you raised your son to be a extremely caring man.  I feel for both of you.  It is the hardest part of loving a pet.

My thoughts and prayers are with you for the days ahead.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!