Respected Contributor

NETFLIX : LIFE IN THE DOGHOUSE

THis is an incredible documentary that was recommended to me.  I watched it this past weekend and smiled, cried and sent them a donation.  These two huge hearted, kind, generous and loving men open their entire home and devote their lives to dogs who have health issues, are unadoptable, are on the kill list, etc.  They didn't start out as a shelter, but because they saw the need, took in more and more dogs.  

I highly recommend watching.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NETFLIX : LIFE IN THE DOGHOUSE

@nyc1  Thank you so much for the recommendation. This sounds so heartwarming. I will definitely watch this. 🐾🐾❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

I watched it last night; very well done documentry about this rescue.

It reminds me of the former Texas Aussie Rescue from which I  got my red tri dog, Jennie.  It was run by two men from their home in the Dallas area.  One, the mover/shaker, was a cancer researcher and thee other a flight attendant. 

When I  got Jennie, the flight attendant partner flew out to Albuquerque to inspect my house.  Then when I actually took possession of her, we met at Petsmart in Amarillo which was a long drive for both of us.

I found out that the researcher partner died suddenly of a cerebral hemorrhage.   The rescue then went out of business.  Aussie rescue in Texas hasn't been the same since.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

NYC1 -

Even the title makes me cry....I'm a tender softee when it comes to anything about animals - I cry for days after I see or read something that makes me sad or angry.