Respected Contributor

Re: NEED IDEAS FOR NAME ON DOG STOCKING

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Hi Everyone.  I am finally going to order the Lands' End needlepoint stockings that I have wanted for years.  Embroidery is free.  I thought I would get one for the dog(s) that we have or will have.  I don't want to put my current dog's name on there because, well, she can't read.  And plus there will be more dogs to come and I don't want to have to keep buying more stockings.

So I could put just "Dog" or "Puppy Love" or "Fur Baby" or something like that.  Anyone have any ideas?

How about 'Best Dog!'

Respected Contributor

what about

Woof

or

Santa's Little Paws

or

Treats

Cookies

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1  I love all of your ideas even though it is not my question.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How 'bout Fur Angel?

Or Fur Sweetie?

Or Fur Lovie?

Or Fur Honey?

Because, obvi.  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Why not consider a paw print or a dog bone instead of a name?

Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Deb0509 wrote:

Do you love your dog like family? Put his or her name on their stocking. Don't they deserve that for being part of your family?

I agree with this.  They are pricey, but with the 30% off they have right now it would be about $21 and tax.  It would be so cute to actually have the dogs name on it.

Ahhhhhhh, you guys are making me feel guilty.  I already ordered it with "Pooch", but it is not too late to change it.  It is not the money so much as I don't want to end up with a collection of stockings from dogs that have crossed over.  I could never part with them, and seeing them every Christmas with all my decorations would make me sad.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Why not consider a paw print or a dog bone instead of a name?

Those are good ideas.  But I checked with Lands' End and they can only do lettering.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Deb0509 wrote:

Do you love your dog like family? Put his or her name on their stocking. Don't they deserve that for being part of your family?

I agree with this.  They are pricey, but with the 30% off they have right now it would be about $21 and tax.  It would be so cute to actually have the dogs name on it.

Ahhhhhhh, you guys are making me feel guilty.  I already ordered it with "Pooch", but it is not too late to change it.  It is not the money so much as I don't want to end up with a collection of stockings from dogs that have crossed over.  I could never part with them, and seeing them every Christmas with all my decorations would make me sad.

I support your more generic and long lasting approach to this. When current pet passes, the stocking will have no use, and be rather painful to have on hand. LOoking forward to knowing you will always have a pet is much more inclusive and financially a good decision.

Best Friend, or Blessing comes to mind for a 'name' on it, as I feel our pets are both. And this allows for the possibility of having a pet that isn't a dog, and still having use of the stocking.

@Puppy Lips

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Deb0509 wrote:

You have a valid point here @Puppy Lips.  I have ornaments for all of my dogs that have passed and it does, indeed, make me sad when I put them on the tree.  

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips, YOU DID GOOD!!!!    I think that Pooch is a good choice.  You actually gave me an idea.