Esteemed Contributor

NEED IDEAS FOR NAME ON DOG STOCKING

Hi Everyone.  I am finally going to order the Lands' End needlepoint stockings that I have wanted for years.  Embroidery is free.  I thought I would get one for the dog(s) that we have or will have.  I don't want to put my current dog's name on there because, well, she can't read.  And plus there will be more dogs to come and I don't want to have to keep buying more stockings.

So I could put just "Dog" or "Puppy Love" or "Fur Baby" or something like that.  Anyone have any ideas?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Regular Contributor

Re: NEED IDEAS FOR NAME ON DOG STOCKING

Those stockings are nice - which one(s) did you order?  If you don't want to get your dog's name embroidered on one, I like Fur Baby.  Land's End might also have some suggestions.  Or maybe they could embroider some paw prints instead of a name??

Honored Contributor

@Kat 213 wrote:

Those stockings are nice - which one(s) did you order?  If you don't want to get your dog's name embroidered on one, I like Fur Baby.  Land's End might also have some suggestions.  Or maybe they could embroider some paw prints instead of a name??

@Kat 213 I like the paw prints suggestion. I would ask about that but it would probably cost more for paw prints. Fur Baby or Pooch would work.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but I find that impersonal.  Would your child's stocking say kid or child or offspring?  I get that these stockings are probably expensive, but maybe you could just use these for human family members and buy a more affordable stocking for your pet with his/her actual name.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kat 213 wrote:

I love the paw print idea.  I will ask when I call.  So far I have picked out the Angel for me (no one has accused me of being an Angel though), the train for my husband, Santa for one son and the two with reindeer for the other two boys.  Thanks for the idea.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Kat 213 wrote:

@Kat 213 I like the paw prints suggestion. I would ask about that but it would probably cost more for paw prints. Fur Baby or Pooch would work.

Thanks for the suggestion of Pooch.  Always loved that word!  I think I will go with that as they can not do paw prints.

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Sorry, but I find that impersonal.  Would your child's stocking say kid or child or offspring?  I get that these stockings are probably expensive, but maybe you could just use these for human family members and buy a more affordable stocking for your pet with his/her actual name.  

Yes, I thought about that.  But I would like all the stockings to be the same.  I get what you saying though about it being impersonal and appreciate your comment.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips Why not put our angel or something like that.Chaz calls his dogs the angels.

Super Contributor

Do you love your dog like family? Put his or her name on their stocking. Don't they deserve that for being part of your family?

Respected Contributor

@Deb0509 wrote:

Do you love your dog like family? Put his or her name on their stocking. Don't they deserve that for being part of your family?

I agree with this.  They are pricey, but with the 30% off they have right now it would be about $21 and tax.  It would be so cute to actually have the dogs name on it.