Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEED FEEDBACK: Pet Carriers

A vote here for hard side.  Let's face it, a pet will try to escape and that is not something you want.  You can make it up to them later.  

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

I would get a hard sided carrier. one that is comfortably big enough for a full grown cat. They won't be little kittens forever!  Also I like the ones with the screws to hold the top and bottom together NOT the clips.  I don't trust a plastic clip to hold the carrier together.  while I like the idea of a top loader I don't think those two little wire tabs are all that safe to hold the weight of the cat inside.  If I had one of those I'd carry it by the sides.  Lastly I would NEVER put my cat in a clamshell carrier.  If the cat can't stand up in it It's to restricive. 

@candys mine 

Good point ... thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Heavy Duty Portable Plastic Pet Cat & Dog Carrier ...

These work great.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac 

I'm laughing at this because one of my cats was once that heavy and getting him around in his carrier was a challenge.

I should have thought of the luggage cart!

Respected Contributor

@deb5555   Yes, That!  one tip for the screw type carrier.  push the screw UP from the bottom so the nut is tightened On The TOP.  Those nuts can get loose and fall off and you'd think the screw is still holding it's part of the weight unless you looked Underneath.  With the nut On Top you can see when the screw is becoming loose at a glance.