Respected Contributor

Re: My sweet cat Tigger had two seizures today

@newjersey  I have not.  But, I did have a kitty that battled kidney failure for several years and in the end she failed Rapidly due to Pancreatitis. That raised her blood sugar and she did have a seizure.  She was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure at 8 years old and made it to 13.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your kind words, geezerette! I am mourning for my beloved Gracie terribly----I still cannot believe what happened. Fine in the morning, gone by dinner time--no warning. I cry daily--and a lot. I would like to adopt a dog that needs a loving home when the time is right....but not now...my husband is ill and will need surgery (which is stressful in itself)--so I cannot commit to a pet until his medical issues are straightened out. I know Gracie is in a better place--and is not suffering----but I hurt so darn much.

God bless...

GraciesMommy

Valued Contributor

Carol08....You are very sweet---thank you. I know Gracie is waiting for me at ther Rainbow Bridge, but it still doesn't make her loss any easier. The pain is horrendous. She was the sweetest soul....I'm still in shock.

Bless you,

GraciesMommy

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, no! Hope they find out what's wrong............Heart

Trusted Contributor

Just talked to someone at vet's. Tigger's not ready to come home Tuesday as scheduled.  She isn't eating or drinking much and while her level of diabetes, or however you word it has come down some, the woman said it is still very high.   Supposedly (as I can't see if anyone is actually doing it) she is being monitored.

Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

Just talked to someone at vet's. Tigger's not ready to come home Tuesday as scheduled.  She isn't eating or drinking much and while her level of diabetes, or however you word it has come down some, the woman said it is still very high.   Supposedly (as I can't see if anyone is actually doing it) she is being monitored.

I am so sorry to read this news @newjersey.  She's better off at the Vet's than at home if she's not eating or drinking enough though.  I guess you just have to trust that they're monitoring her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry Tigger isn't coming home as scheduled.  Are they hand feeding her?Giving her fluids?    I would guess that if nothing is going in that the sugar level in her blood would go down.  Can you visit her?  Maybe she just wants to go home.

Honored Contributor

Sending out tons of very special healing

prayers and love filled comfort hugs to

your precious girl.

(((((HeartTIGGERHeart)))))

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

I was told by someone at vet's that Tigger's 'level' or whatever it's called has come down from 600 to 400 to 200 - 200 as of now. I guess that's good, right? I read it should be between 80-120 then read somewhere else that 150-300 is ok.  Don't know.  They said to call this afternoon to see what's up and whether she can come home today.   God please help us...

Trusted Contributor

@candys mine, they didn't say if they were hand feeding her and they said they had her on intravenous.