Valued Contributor

Re: My sweet Bentley....R.I.P.

@ilovefall wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I have tears in my eyes reading your post.  It sounds like he had a great life and you gave him the best possible 'end of life' given the circumstances.  Hope you, your husband, and Charlie find some peace in the coming days.Heart

Thanks so much!

Valued Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle   Oh, that sweet face brought me to tears.....really.  Having said that, let me add that I'm glad you decided to return to your friends here on the boards to share your grief.  We are happy to do that if only it can lift you up just a little.  Poor Bentley.  It's undeniably sad that he had to go before his time, but I praise you and your family for making it as pleasant for him as was humanly possible.  Cat Sad

Thank you so much!

Valued Contributor

@lynne6was7 wrote:

I am so very sorry.  What a handsome fellow.  I'll bet those ears were soft to pet.  They look just like velvet.  Hugs to you, your DH and Charlie.

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle  I'm so sorry for your loss...like most of us here, I've been through it a number of times myself. It never gets any easier! What a beautiful boy Bentley was, such soulful eyes. Those eyes are pain-free now, looking around the Rainbow Bridge and he's thinking "Oh boy! What a great place to wait for my people!". All of our furry family members that have gone before have made him welcome and showed him around.

It's so good that you were able to get a vet to come to the house. We don't have that option where I live, and I so wish we did.

Grieve all you need to, love on Charlie a lot, and maybe sometime another sweet soul will join your family.

Thank you so much. Briggsie, his older brother passed 2 years ago. I know Bentley went right to him in glee. He's missed Briggs ever since Briggs passed. I never saw a dog mourn so much as Bentley did. So I know they found each other right away.

Valued Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle 

Sweet Bentley: So very fortunate having experienced your love. Believe with all my heart and soul you will meet again. Prayers for your healing. 🙏💐

3613914_62413.gif

Thank you! I know we will meet again. I have a picture in my head of my late brother-in-law sitting with all our fur babies and waiting.

Valued Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle , you gave Bentley a great life filled with love and happiness.  He is out of pain and at peace now.  Charlie will miss his brother, but all of you will be together again some day.  There is nothing greater than the love of a fur baby.

I agree that there is no better love. Thank you so much.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle      Bentley was so beautiful.... I am so so sorry for your loss. Yes, using a mobil vet is the best  for this situation... we used a mobil vet on a very sick dog and  I would never go back to taking our loved pets to the vet for this reason. 

Hugs Hugs and more hugs sent your way.

Thank you so much. The home vet was a blessing.

Valued Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle 

I’m so sorry for your loss.  Prayers are with you.

Thank you so much.

Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I am so very sorry for the loss of Beloved Beautiful Bentley.  You gave him such a loving home, and also with courage helped to release him from pain, free to cross the Rainbow Bridge.  Those of us who have endured this very painful loss truly understand what you are going through.  Words are just never enough.  My prayers go out to you, my wish to you is that your grief will be lessened after time.  You will always remember Bentley with love, and always keep in mind that you will all be reunited someday.  I am crying for you.  All my best, 

Pam

Thank you, Pam. He was a sweet dog and easy to love. 

Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle  My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family on the loss of your beloved Bentley.

Thank you, homey. I really appreciate your kind comments.