Valued Contributor

It's never to late  to do something new, look what you have gained!I am sure your pet thinks you are  the best! MaryAnne 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  That one DID bring tears to my eyes.  Dogs serve man in so many ways, important ways.  

At my library, a gentle dog comes and the kids can read to him.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart  So sorry about your mother.  Time will help you heal and your darling dog will also help you out.  That is so precious but animals just know and yes, their love is unconditional.  Take care.   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart

So sorry about your mother's death.

I love your story about your rescue dog.

Personally, I cannot live without a dog. Thank god my husband feels the same way. 

They are the most wonderful creatures. And saving a rescue dog from a sad, abusive life is a blessing for you and the dog.

Thank you for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

Your post brought tears to my eyes...

I agree that dogs are angels on earth.  Their unconditional love is unequaled...I can't imagine my world without a dog in it.

You are an angel, also, for rescuing him.   How people can be cruel to an innocent animal is beyond my comprehension. 

So sorry for the loss of your mother.  Our pets, do indeed, stand by us in times of sorrow!

Take good care!

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mother.  Belated condolences.

I'm very glad that you have your sweet dog to help you through this difficult time.  Actually, that you both help each other.