Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian   Is there a cancellation wait list for your local MRI? Call every day until Tuesday to see if the dog can be worked in. Tell them about your husband and I would offer to pay $$ extra for them to stay open late to do a MRI! Ask if they can ask people on the list if they could reschedule. Then if they refuse tell them of the many donations that you will not be giving them!

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@Vivian   Is there a cancellation wait list for your local MRI? Call every day until Tuesday to see if the dog can be worked in. Tell them about your husband and I would offer to pay $$ extra for them to stay open late to do a MRI! Ask if they can ask people on the list if they could reschedule. Then if they refuse tell them of the many donations that you will not be giving them!

Extortion and bribery, that will work.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My poor pup

[ Edited ]

We did everything suggested, including the daily calls and the cancellation list. Great minds may think alike but we are dealing with stubborn mules at the Veterinary College. We called our vets this afternoon and Maddie is OK. They are weaning her off the preds and will see how she does on IV pain meds and then oral pain meds only. We will pick her up Monday morning, give her a quiet and relaxing day at home, and leave for that hospital 3 hours away for a 10am appointment. We will leave before 7am to be sure we arrive on time. I have no idea when we will return. Everyone tells me how unfair and loony Cornell has been. I agree but all I can do is tell off the next fundraiser who contacts me.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

Are you serious.  There is no way on earth that if one of my pets needed a MRI and I had been waiting for the scheduled appointment would I even fleetingly consider giving up my pet's space for someone else's pet. 

I won't even comment on what I would think of the facility for asking or the person(s) on whose behalf the facility asked.  Another person's pet is NOT as important as mine is.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy   Whatever works for a pup in pain, I would pay more because the driving wouldn’t be an option. It’s worked for me!

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian  Glad the pup is better, take care and drive safely!