Trusted Contributor

My poor kitty, BooBoo! He's had a tough couple of days

First of all, I found out yesterday that his vet, who is a true gen, is retiring! I asked the receptionist (receptionists know everything--trust me, I did a lot of reception work) where she was going, and it turns out she's retiring! I remarked to the receptionist that I would go clear across town to have her remain as BooBoo's vet, but since she's retiring it, I'll have to find a new vet.

This morning, another cat tried to pick a fight with him and got very aggresive. Boo is literally a scaredy-cat and this just about gave him a heart attack, especially when the other cat took a claws-out swipe at Boo. I had to dump water on the aggressor to get him to leave, and my dh had to go out and nail boards over the hole in the fence so he can't easily come back.

Poor Boo! I don't usually give food as comfort but this time I did. Poor little guy (13 years old, somewhat fat, has arthritis in his hips, and timid) was traumatized so traumatized that he let me hold him and pet him for a while. Then he started crying for food so I broke my own rule and let him have a snack. My poor little guy! I'm glad I was here to protect him.

If someone is going to rag on me for allowing him to nap in the sun on our deck, save it for some other time, please. I will say he loves to lay on his back and warm his belly in the sun, and is unable to leave our yard. Unfortunately, other critters can get in so we watch very carefully when he sacks out on the deck. So we're very careful to watch over him when he's out there.

Respected Contributor

Re: My poor kitty, BooBoo! He's had a tough couple of days

My cat loves to lay in the sun & feel the grass on her feet so I purchased a mesh tent, ABO Gear Happy Habitat & my cat loves it. I set it up in the front yard so I can keep an eye on her but it can be used on a deck too...read the reviews & see if it might work for your Boo Boo. 

Honored Contributor

Poor BooBoo. Hope he's feeling better after the cuddles and the snack.

Trusted Contributor

@FuzzyFace

All my cats are outdoor/indoor. They love to be outside in the sunshine. A neighbor cat, however, likes to visit, but my cats don't like him, so sometimes they squabble. Teddy, my big black baby, is a scaredy cat, too. He hides at the tiniest "scary" noise.

I had a BooBoo once. When Teddys feral mom gave birth on the back porch, there was two black boys that i called Yogi and BooBoo. But Yogi didnt stick as a name, and he became Teddy. My BooBoo is gone now, but i think of him still.

Give your Booboo a kiss for me.

Respected Contributor

Awww, poor little guy, just minding his own business and Bam!  he gets mugged in his own back yard!  It might take him a little while to be comfortable outside after that.  You cuddling him must have made him feel safe.  eating is a way of displacing his anxiety.  just keep an eye out for lameness or lethargy.  An abcess from a bite you can't even find may be brewing but hopefully not. 

hope that other darned cat got a real soaking!

Honored Contributor

Sending your precious boy lots of

love filled comfort hugs...please

deliver them for me!

(((((HeartBOOBOOHeart)))))

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@kitcat51wrote:

My cat loves to lay in the sun & feel the grass on her feet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the funniest thing that Boo will go to almost any length to NOT have grass under his feet. Once in a while it can't be avoided so he runs as fast as he can to get it over with.

Trusted Contributor

@KitTkatwrote:

@FuzzyFace

All my cats are outdoor/indoor. They love to be outside in the sunshine. A neighbor cat, however, likes to visit, but my cats don't like him, so sometimes they squabble. Teddy, my big black baby, is a scaredy cat, too. He hides at the tiniest "scary" noise.

I had a BooBoo once. When Teddys feral mom gave birth on the back porch, there was two black boys that i called Yogi and BooBoo. But Yogi didnt stick as a name, and he became Teddy. My BooBoo is gone now, but i think of him still.

Give your Booboo a kiss for me.

I most certainly will!

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace — If Boo Boo will travel in the car okay, I really liked Dr Bliven.  He used to be in Clearview but is now in Snohomish.