Respected Contributor

I feel so sorry for my sweet little kitty Missy -- she's elderly (18 years old) but we call her our little baby girl.

well today, our poor little kitty was walking across a shelf and either lost her balance or slipped and fell onto the floor. It was barely a couple of feet and she landed on her feet but she was pretty shaken up.

Normally she's not very clingy, but as soon as this happened I ran and got her and she snuggled down on my lap for comfort. Poor little thing, she's been clingy all afternoon. I have a feeling that instead of her usual place of sleep at night--a dining room chair, for some reason--she'll want to sleep on my bed.

Honored Contributor

I hope she is not hurt!  Poor kitty!

@GoneButNotForgotten I hope she is not hurt!  Poor kitty! 

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Sure hope your little Kitty Missy is okay.

Respected Contributor

bless your hearts for such kind words! I think Missy will be ok by tomorrow but I sure felt sorry for her when it happened. I think it shocked her too much to even be embarassed.

Respected Contributor

Hoping your kitty,Missy, is all right after her fall.  I know how difficult it is to deal with our beloved cats as they get older.  I just had to put my 15-year-old cat, Kate, to sleep on Oct. 2nd.  She seemed to be okay until the end when I found out that she was very sick.  I did have my beloved Gatsby until he was 18 years old.  They all have a certain number of years to live before they leave us.  Hoping your Missy will be with you for many more years.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

@jbinrwc wrote:

Hoping your kitty,Missy, is all right after her fall.  I know how difficult it is to deal with our beloved cats as they get older.  I just had to put my 15-year-old cat, Kate, to sleep on Oct. 2nd.  She seemed to be okay until the end when I found out that she was very sick.  I did have my beloved Gatsby until he was 18 years old.  They all have a certain number of years to live before they leave us.  Hoping your Missy will be with you for many more years.

Hugs to you and you have my sympathy for the loss of your Kate. I know we won't have Missy forever and I dread the inevitable so we're trying to give her a comfortable, happy life with us and enjoy her as much as we can. We adopted her only about 18 months ago and we're much more attached to her than I thought we would be.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My poor baby!

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@jbinrwc wrote:

Hugs to you and you have my sympathy for the loss of your Kate. I know we won't have Missy forever and I dread the inevitable so we're trying to give her a comfortable, happy life with us and enjoy her as much as we can. We adopted her only about 18 months ago and we're much more attached to her than I thought we would be.

Thank you for your kindness in adopting an older pet. Many times they are overlooked. Hope your kitty is ok. Take care and wishing you the best.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten - You are wonderful to give Missy so much love in her senior years! I hope she decides to sleep with you, and it's obvious you are HER comfort zone. What a lucky kitty she is!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Hoping that your precious girl

is feline much better.Sending her

lots of hugs...please deliver! Cat Happy

(((((MISSY)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry  you precious kitty fell.i hope she is herself today.

If not please just scedule a little helth check up with your vet. She may have injuries you cannot see..........