Honored Contributor

Re: My pomeranian Tedi died last night.....I cannot stop crying

@chiclet  SO sorry for the loss of Tedi. I lost two dogs over the last two years...   I still cry everyday and talk to them at times. It is just so hard to lose them. It never gets easier.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Tedi.  He knew how much you love him and is thankful for the wonderful family life he had.  You will someday all be together again, some day.

Meanwhile he has met many new friends since he crossed the bridge, and picture them playing in the sunshine together.  

Respected Contributor

@chiclet 

I totally relate, - yes...the love we get from our pets...and their eventual passing, HURTS our hearts in a way no human seems to match.

I'm very sorry for the pain you and your husband are going through.

It's enormous and overwhelming, and doesn't leave you...it just somewhat lessens.

Please do your best to focus on ALL the GOOD times.. the LOVE and the FUN your cherished sweetpea Tedi gave you.

Love is the only way through this haze of sadness, so focus on the love you shared.

Tedi is in heaven now with all of our beloved babies and waits for us - we will be greeted in a most glorious way. At least THATS WHAT I HOLD ONTO.

God Bless you.

Contributor

I’m so sorry to hear about your Tedi.. I, too, had a Teddy and his brother, Cody, who  died within the last two years, almost to the same date. I felt the last two summers were so hard with the deaths of my two guys. I find losing a furry member of the family almost worse than the grief you suffer at losing a family member!

They are our trusting, loyal friends who love us no matter what.  Humans will let us down, but our animals never will!  I know these seem like dark days, but you will get through this with happier memories of your Tedi.  Perhaps, in time, you’ll be open to having a new fur baby!!

Valued Contributor

Dear @chiclet  So Heartbroken for you, so very sorry. It is the hardest thing to lose your beloved pet. Its never enough time. Tedi is family. I had separation anxiety too,  as my guy was with me 24/7.  I smile now telling stories of him and I wish the same comfort  for you in time. 🌹

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss of Tedi. It never gets easier. Never. But, one day you'll think of him and you'll smile at his memories. 

Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I know Tedi new such love from you and your husband.  It was a blessing that your were "His" Person.  I will lift you and your family in prayer and hope soon your precious memories will help ease your pain.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry, @chiclet 

Anyone who's lost a dear friend like yours all too soon (and it's always too soon) knows there is no pain like it. 

Take comfort in knowing that he was loved and respected and will never be forgotten. And thoughts of him will someday be balanced with joy amidst the tears.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet 

Please keep coming here to talk with us. The shock and finality of it can be so overwhelming, and all of us know that feeling.

He must have been incredibly special that you and your DH mourn so.  Deep grief is the opposite of deep love, for the hearts that love the most hurt the most when they lose someone so beloved.

I shouldn't say "lose," though, because he's with you forever:  he lives in your heart, always.

Let the grief out, let it wash over you. The only way through is to swim.  In the meantime, come here and let those feelings out. We've got strong shoulders and open hearts and ears.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh gosh.  So sorry for your loss.  I have had two dogs die in my arms and I miss them terribly.  But every day will get a little bit better.  Hang in there and take care of yourselves.  Down the road, there are always more dogs to love who will love you back tenfold!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead