Respected Contributor

Re: My pomeranian Tedi died last night.....I cannot stop crying

I can get through most days now without crying but I feel so lonely and sad without my Tedi.  He was my best friend and constant companion.  There are two other dogs here and I have my husband but there is this giant hole in all our lives.

I don't think I realized that he was the heart of this family.  He was the alpha dog so my Pek a poo and Chihuahua seem almost lost.  We go about our lives...eat, sleep etc but the joy is gone.  Having this happen during the pandemic does not help since we cannot get out and distract ourselves.  I appreciate everyone's response.  I feel a lot of people cannot understand the love we can feel for our pets.  I must say that I have had dogs all my life and loved them all but never anything to compare with what I had with Tedi..

Respected Contributor

I'm very very sorry for you and your husband...i know how painful and sad it is.  Very tough road to be on, so sorry!!

Respected Contributor

Soooo sad. I'm sorry-  When you are ready, the best thing to get over it is to get a new dog! 

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet 

1. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.9ED5E6B5-8159-4F22-B683-20833CC11385.jpeg
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet  I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's so hard to go through it. It's not something you just "get over".  It will get easier but there will always be that little ache in your heart. 💔

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@chiclet 

I am very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Tedi. Nothing anyone can say will help you right now, but it needs to be said anyway.

Take comfort in knowing that Tedi was loved tremendously by you and that is why you can't stop crying!  Let it out, so that you can let the fond memories in, when it's the right time!

My sister is going through the same thing at this time as well.

Be assured this community is here for you, I witnessed this firsthand over the weekend.

I know Tedi brought you much love and joy over the years.  May the memories of your sweet Tedi put  a smile on your face everytime you think of him! My prayers are with you.

Contributor

I am so very sorry to read this. Cry all you want until you can cry no more. I've never been able to really "get over" the loss of my dogs and I know I'll receive a warm welcome one day from all of them. 

Contributor

I rescued a Pom about 4 years ago and she is onry and sweet. Love her so much. They are the only creatures who can teach us what unconditional love. So sorry for your loss, I know how you feel. He is already waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Super Contributor

So very sorry. One of my cats was euthanized Saturday. I am crying constantly.  I guess all we can do is support one another. I wish you and your family peace and I hope your dog rests in peace. 

Valued Contributor

So very, very sorry for your loss of your beloved Tedi. This unbearable grief is the price we pay for getting to experience the purest, greatest love there is. So many of us here have been in your place exactly. We know the agony of those first hours and days, when our hearts are breaking. But somehow we carry on. Just know that we have you in our hearts tonight, and many of us relive our own grief when we learn of another beloved passing. But weren't we lucky to get the time we were given with our babies?