Respected Contributor

Re: My pomeranian Tedi died last night.....I cannot stop crying

@chiclet 

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your precious Tedi needed you to help him and you were able to let him leave his fear and pain behind. For mine I felt remorseful for not doing it sooner and guilty even though my decision was the kindest thing to do. Pets are family to me like your Tedi was to you and your husband. It helps to talk about it. I hope your tears will help to wash away some of the intense grief you and your husband are feeling. It's taken several months for me and it will get better. 

Valued Contributor

Oh, I know your pain and I feel for you so much. I lost my girl of 15 years. Got her at the shelter and she entertained me more than any dog I ever had. We lost her February 16th when we finally could not cope taking care of her anymore. We had been up taking turns with her every night for  weeks. Both of her knees were gone and we had to carry her everywhere . It was a nighmare to finally have to say goodbye. I have cried a boatload of tears and I still cry just thinking of her. This has been the hardest lose ever of any pet, so I can relate to how your heart is breaking. Please know you are not alone in this grieving process. Time will ease the pain, but it may take a long time to only smile when having memories instead of tears. I am waiting for that time. I am crying now, thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

I know your pain. It's so hard to get through the grieving, but one day it will get better.  My pet story is similar.  Got home from work, my kitty wasn't acting herself. Long story short, took her to the vet and she passed there.  It's not easy.  Let your feelings out.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for your replies.  I knew the pet lovers on here would understand in a way that people who have never known the love of a special pet would understand.  

He watched me shower, slept with me, and was in every room I went.  He would not go outside without me.  I would open the door and he would walk out and wait for me to come out.   He was grateful for everything you did.  The only thing he wanted in life was to be by my side...The pain I feel is almost unbearable.  My husband was talking about selling our house yesterday so we would not have to see him in the house and be so sad but I know the sadness would still be with us......I know it will get better and thanks for the uplifing and caring thoughts.  Love to you all for the grief you have also experienced and responding to mine.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet 

My heart and my condolences go

out to you and your DH on the

loss of your beloved Tedi.

I can relate to the intense pain

and heartache that the both of

you are dealing with as I have

been down that same dark terrible

road many times before and will be

again at some point as I'm mommy

to four rescued kitties.

Please find solace and comfort in

the fact that Tedi always knew how

very much you loved him,that he

was surrounded by that same love

when you sent him to The Bridge

in peace and with dignity,and that

he is now running like a puppy with

all of his new friends theu the sunlit

meadows of that most blessed place.

I will light a special memorial candle

for Tedi at the pet loss dot com site.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Regular Contributor

I am so very sorry and do so understand the sorrow.  It is a huge loss and I know the pain of that grief is awful. Although you will always miss him, some day you will be able to think of him and smile and not hurt this much.

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for you and the pain you are feeling for the loss of your sweet baby.  These fur kids break our hearts when they leave us.  I hope you feel better soon. 

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet 

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your husband. Every dog deserves to be loved the way your Tedi was and I'm sure he knew how special he was to you both.

dog will.jpg

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.Go ahead and cry. Let it out. Take some time to heal and then be a hero and rescue a little Pom who really needs YOU now. This helped me when I lost my very special little friend and I know my little Joey is watching and is so happy I helped a couple of his "cousins" find a loving home with us. Silky Terrier Rescue really helped me heal and move in a positive helpfull way instead of crying (and I sure did a lot of that like you are....that's ok ). Maybe when feeling a bit better you should check out..... https://pomeranian.rescueme.org/

Take care and stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss of your beloved Tedi. My sweet Susie cat had the same symptoms and it seemed like she just went downhill within a matter of days. Like you, I saw it coming on, but I just couldn't reconcile what was happening. Please know that you did everything you could for your sweet companion. He will always be a wonderful part of your life and you will remember Tedi with love always.