Respected Contributor

Re: My parakeet Oliver died tonight

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@kcladyz I can't watch the video.  I'm sitting here now with tears.  The love you have for him comes through from your words here.

I'm so sorry your heart hurts.  When I was a kid my Aunt and Uncle never had children but they had several parakeets.  They were their baby's.  I'd go over to there house and spend the night.  It was so much fun being there with them.  

They taught the birds to eat from the corner of their mouths and talk, it was fun.

I'm so sorry.  Take care and know I am thinking of you.

my other keet Loki sings and eats at the same time. Quite hysterical 

Respected Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

He  was fine this morning. Tonight he could not stand or walk.  I have noticed he had issues  with his  corrdination ( like losing his balance) but thought nothing of it. I thought he had heat stroke but the other birds had no problems.  He fell off his perch and could not get back up. The other birds started to attack him. I made the decision to put him down myself. He would have died from the attacks  before i could get him to a vet I did not want to see him suffer.

Here is a video in his memory. He was such a sweet sweet animal.

He is the one in green. He is now over the rainbow bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICfPO7wbJ0

Did the other birds peck at him?  

May he RiP.  

Did you give him a memorial service and bury him In your garden?

Yes they did. I had to just throw him away since I live in an apartment in the city Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

So sorry for your loss of little Oliver.  It's always hard to lose one of our companions. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry about the loss of your little friend. My MIL had a parakeet for quite awhile. Little dear hearts come in all shapes and sizes. 

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz  So sorry you lost Oliver 😢.  I have lost several parakeets over the years....it is never easy to see them not feeling well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz I am so sorry for your loss, such a beautiful baby! Prayers for your broken heart!  Unfortunately, I do not think any words can take away your pain, but please know that we hold you in our hearts at this difficult time and that you are not alone!

Respected Contributor

I appreciate the kind words. i am still upset. hard to believe such a tiny animal touched my hart so much.  he was my pride and joy. i missed his antics

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss!

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss, but remember, Oliver will always be watching over his loving mama!Heart

Respected Contributor

I watched the video, Oliver was a beautiful bird

... and now "he's free."