Valued Contributor

My outside cat's shelter is set...

'Ironman' is the outside cat, he's was a feral cat that I fed for 7 years before he let me touch him 3 years ago.   He's a good big 20 lb cat.   Got him neutered 3 years ago, and he's well fed.

He has a tarped shelter for the wind and cold.  He also has a heated house under the tarp.   He stays dry and warm in there!

I feed 9 cats at the horse barn.   They have their own stall and houses, the also stay warm and cozy during the Michigan winters.  They are all spayed and neutered.

I also feed a oppossum in my yard, he has a hole dug.   I put cat food and fruit out for him!

What we don't do for animals.

Respected Contributor

Re: My outside cat's shelter is set...

God Bless You and your furbabies!

Honored Contributor

For all you do,

Image result for thank you animated pics

Honored Contributor

It broke my heart to leave Maggy, a sweet little black cat who NEVER let me touch him, but I learned the other day that my neighbor on my old street is STILL FEEDING HIM, a year and a half  since we’ve been gone.

I plan to “gift” neighbor and cat with goodie bags at Christmas.

Valued Contributor

Your'e a true friend to the animals. Thank You!

Respected Contributor

A young girl who works PT in my office has an outside only cat that has been a resident at her family's home for about 7 years!  He gets regular meals and has a heated outside "doghouse" for the winter.  He's not interested in coming inside their house, but he hangs out on their back deck and has become very friendly with the family (when they come outside).  Best of all, he's become their "watch cat."  He stands guard and scares off any four-legged intruders (they live in a rural area).

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I have a dog/cat house with a heated pad and a heat lamp but only one is brave or smart enough to take advantage of it. He won't let me get too close either. I was hoping to tame him, oh well. I put our cat's left over moist food inside, but always have dry available. And water. Glad to hear others do this, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I discoverd Kitty Kitty a little over 2 years ago eating corn that we feed to the squirrels, we have been feeding him every since.  I have a heated food bowl, and water bowl, a heated bed, and this year purchased a heat home that will house 2 cats, so far they have not figured that out yet, the 2 neighbor cats who do a very poor job of caring for their cats, have been in the heated home, but Kitty Kitty & Rodnie will not go near it, I even put a trail of treats to it, they ate the treats and that was as far as they would go.  Kitty Kitty just a couple of weeks ago let me pet him for about a minute and then he ran off, but I am getting there slowly and surely, Rodnie still will not let us near him, but he sleeps in the heated bed with his blankie every night, I leave the garage door open so when it is raining and cold out he comes in and snuggles down,  I also feed Montie the Possum he comes periodically just to check things out, he eats the cat food we put out there, so cute, I have the blink camera so I can watch who is coming and going.  Kitty Kitty was as thin as a rail when I first spotted him but he has filled out so nicely, he loves his food with gravy, he licks up the gravy and and you can hear him lapping it up.  I made homemade cat treats a couple of weeks ago, and at first they would not touch them, now they are eating them right up!  We have 4 cats who come to us every day and the possum!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I kept an outside heated area for my Cooper for two years before he came inside.  He was a big boy and when I finally managed to have him neutered, he was happy to come in.

I kept a heater in a semi covered area and he loved it

I lost him last year.

You can also buy heated round beds.  I currently have 4 that I will soon donate to a local rescue group.

Sadly, I no longer have any kitties to fill my bedsCat Sad

The one senior boy I have left prefers sleeping on my bed. Cat Happy

Thanks to all who care for kitties.