Esteemed Contributor

It hurts real bad.  Almost a year and I still miss her beautiful face greeting me at the door.    (and jumping up and down wanting a taste - or more) of what I bought in the ready to eat food court.  (ouch)

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 I'm so sorry.  I've lost quite a few cats in my time.  All but the last two found me.

No words can take away the hole in your heart but please know that all of us hear understand your pain and are thinking of you.    Fondly, Annabelle/Linda

Esteemed Contributor

@Rose429, I am so sorry for your loss.  Rescues are the best, especially those who did not have the best start in life.  We lost our beautiful Darcy, who spent her first seven years in multiple shelters and she was just the best, and I miss her every day.  I know, like many on here, what you are going through.  My Darcy was waiting at the Bridge for your loved one.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Said good bye to my sweet old boxer dog today. He was a rescue that I have had for 5 years. He had a very rough earlier life but had the best I could give the last 5 years. Took a while to gain his trust but once I did he was my shadow. He slept on his round bed in my room at night. He loved walks and car rides. I have cried a river of tears today but I knew it was time. I will miss him so much.💔💔💔

@Rose429, I'm sorry you had to say good-bye to your sweet boxer.  He may have had a rough start in life, however you rescued him and gave him the love and care he so desperately needed and wanted.

As time goes by, I hope those wonderful memories of him will chase away those tears.

Rose429, you said he was your shadow ... he still is ... your loving memory of him will always be tagging along with you. HeartHeart

~

@Rose429, Sorry, I did not know the name of your sweet boxer, otherwise I would have inserted his name, instead of using "he" and "him".

Honored Contributor

We love them so much,and miss them when they are no longer here,so sorry.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Rose, I am sorry for the loss of your furbaby.  Please accept my sympathy.

Super Contributor

I have rescues too and they are the best!  You gave him the best 5 years of his life and that says a lot, he has those good times with you and you with him. 

You were a true blessing to him/her!!!  Always remember that! 

He/she will be with you always. 

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's very hard to lose such a beloved pet.  It sounds like he had a wonderful five years with you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

You did the hardest, most loving thing a loving friend could do, @Rose429:  you loved him so very much, you freed him and sent him on his journey to a much happier place.

Don't worry, your hearts are joined and you'll always be together.  You brought joy to his life and peace to his soul.Heart 

Respected Contributor

Re: My old friend

[ Edited ]

So very sorry for your loss.  Your furbaby left knowing love, care and companionship.  The only consolation is that of being together again some day.  Bless you for giving this pooch a decent life.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown