Respected Contributor

@lilypadfrog

Thanks for letting me know! That is awesome news. That dog may be a foster failure for that person! I am very happy for the outcome. I am glad they will work with you to find a better fit.

doxie

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@lilypadfrog wrote:

To those who say I have not given her enough time, I agree that she has all the time in the world to decide whether she does or doesnt like me.  She is not going to another home.  I simply asked for help or ideas on how I could get her outside.  If it takes her months or years before she decides to wag her tail or let me pet her, well, we have time.  I am sorry to bother you folks.  I asked for help / ideas, not criticism. 

@lilypadfrog

@I really don't see any criticism in this thread, unless you considered the post by @Drythe, as criticism, which 'knowing'  her,  I assure you if wasn't.

@Drythe is an avid animal lover here for years (all animals) and I know she meant no offense, that's why she apologized to you, in case you took her post in a negative way, which I'm sure was not intended.

She has a huge heart for all animals and is never offensive with her posts, from my experience.Heart

@KingstonsMom

Thank you for the kind words, it was certainly never my intention to offend.  At the very least not anyone who is attempting to re-home a doggie!

Your Kingston is a cutie, I send him a big 💋 on this nose!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm so sorry this happened to your granddaughter.  Yes, you absolutely have to give this dog back now.  Don't worry about another rescue not working with you.  They should understand you can't have a dog that bites your granddaughter.  This dog was not properly socialized before being placed with you.  If the rescue doesn't take it back immediately I would take the dog to the shelter.  I know you don't want to do that, but this dog shouldn't have been placed in a home to begin with.

@NickNack@lilypadfrog

She needs to read her contract with the rescue group before placing this dog in a shelter.

Most rescue groups have a clause in the contract that if the rescue doesn't work out, the animal MUST be returned to the rescue and most even have a FINE if you take them to a shelter.

My rescue group charges $100 and they WILL take you to small claims court for 'breach of contract' if you refuse to pay the fine.

They track them through their microchip, so they will know if it's turned in to a shelter.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@lilypadfrog  I'm so happy they picked up the dog!  It's amazong that she has such a different personality with them.  I guess she just didn't understand what was happening to her.  It sounds like your granddaughter has a good understanding of what happened, and I'm glad she has no fear of dogs.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I'm so sorry this happened to your granddaughter.  Yes, you absolutely have to give this dog back now.  Don't worry about another rescue not working with you.  They should understand you can't have a dog that bites your granddaughter.  This dog was not properly socialized before being placed with you.  If the rescue doesn't take it back immediately I would take the dog to the shelter.  I know you don't want to do that, but this dog shouldn't have been placed in a home to begin with.

@NickNack@lilypadfrog

She needs to read her contract with the rescue group before placing this dog in a shelter.

Most rescue groups have a clause in the contract that if the rescue doesn't work out, the animal MUST be returned to the rescue and most even have a FINE if you take them to a shelter.

My rescue group charges $100 and they WILL take you to small claims court for 'breach of contract' if you refuse to pay the fine.

They track them through their microchip, so they will know if it's turned in to a shelter.

@Drythe  Yes, I've worked with rescue groups, and they insisted the dog be returned to them.  They always returned phone calls though.  I only meant if they never returned her phone call like they were doing.  I meant it as a last resort.  This sounded like a desperate situation.  I'm glad it had the outcome that it did.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack@lilypadfrog

@Drythe  Yes, I've worked with rescue groups, and they insisted the dog be returned to them.  They always returned phone calls though.  I only meant if they never returned her phone call like they were doing.  I meant it as a last resort.  This sounded like a desperate situation.  I'm glad it had the outcome that it did.

@NickNack

Don’t think I said anything about the rescue group, could you be thinking of someone else?  

At any rate we can all be happy  😃 that this seems to have a happy ending.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack@lilypadfrog

@NickNack

Don’t think I said anything about the rescue group, could you be thinking of someone else?  

At any rate we can all be happy  😃 that this seems to have a happy ending.

@Drythe  I apologize.  I should have addressed that to @KingstonsMom.  Yes, we can all be very happy that this had a good ending.

-Henry David Thoreau