Honored Contributor

My little one is afraid of her leash

No reason I know of why she is.  If this has occured before with one of your little ones and you can advise, please let me in on how you did it.

Super Contributor

Re: My little one is afraid of her leash

I have only adopted older dogs with phobias, so my suggestions might not be best for a puppy.  I would associate the leash with positive things.  Leave the leash on the floor and  offer a treat near it - from your hand or on the floor.    Leave the leash near toys and then play a fun game.    Maybe try a different leash entirely.  Maybe there is something about this leash that frightens the puppy, so try a different kind.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is it a puppy? If so its quite normal. Is it treat motivated?  If so keep treats with you. Use them  to lure and to keep walking with the treats in your hand. Ours used to flop all the time and not get up. This eventually worked with her. Also put the leash on in the house. You dont have to hold it. Just let it drag it around.

Super Contributor

She will grow "out of this" fear.   My dogs love their leash, even when they hear "the metal clinging on it" they are uncontrollable with joy.   Give it time my dear.