Esteemed Contributor

Re: My little girl has pancreatitis

@qualitygal You're not going to believe this but my Yorkie has pancreatitis, too!

She had no symptoms. I took her into the vet because of her gait - her back legs/feet were sort of splaying out - he ran labs and found it.

He told me to give her simethicone and he X-rayed her and found she was very constipated, also....

Honored Contributor

Re: My little girl has pancreitis

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

My Scully used to LOVE going to the vet.  I would think something is wrong - rush him to the vet, only to find out nothing wrong with him.  The minute he got inside, he acted normal.  This just didn't happen once.  The boy loved attention.  But it wasn't worth not getting it checked out.  Miss that little man!  He was a hoot. 

Yes, what's up with that? My cat Jackson did that to me. He quit eating. On the second day I started to get really worried. Especially because he does have pica so he chews on plastic and things. Rushed him to the after hours vet ( why is it always the weekend?) and hundreds of dollars and x-rays couldn't find anything wrong, no blockage or strange things inside. I bring him home ( I had to take him 45 minutes one way to this vet). And what happens. He immediatedly goes for the food. 

sigh. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: My little girl has pancreitis

I hope they both feel better. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

@qualitygal Sorry to hear that. My poor cat Khaos had pancreatitis several years ago. It's a devastating disease!

Respected Contributor

My baby girl that went through chemo got a bout of this.  After one particular chemo drug she was vomiting. That's not always unusual, but this time it was more often.  We took her to the emergency vet the next night and sure enough.  OMG it was awful.  She was sitting on the chair next to me and all of a sudden there was a bunch of blood of the floor.  We'd been through so much and I was beyond scared!

She spent a few days in the hospital (one of her many trips there) and was OK.  But then of course we dealt with IBS (amongst her other issues) and trying to find food she would eat until she passed last August.

Hoping your baby is up and bouncing around in no time with no further episodes.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow, The vet said, Yorkies get this quite commonly. First I'd ever heard of it! Her temp, trying to vomit, and general up-nosing at any food and not wanting to go for a walk, and pacing constantly, I knew something was wrong. I'm sorry your little one has it too. But we'll be on top of it believe me! She slept like a rock last night, I was pretty sure she would. She was exhausted and probably tramatized. We were at the vet's hospital for her for hours. (They were busy, but no one felt rushed and all tended to to the best of care for all concerned). We sure appreciated that.