Honored Contributor

Re: My little Yorkie heartbeat, is cuddled next to me.

my little Jack used to growl at me if I moved before she was ready to get up..I would try to inch slowly to the edge of the bed and drop a leg at a time so I didn't disturb her.She also liked to stretch out and take up way more than her share of the bed and sometimes I was on the extreme edge.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

my little Jack used to growl at me if I moved before she was ready to get up..I would try to inch slowly to the edge of the bed and drop a leg at a time so I didn't disturb her.She also liked to stretch out and take up way more than her share of the bed and sometimes I was on the extreme edge.

I totally fit that bill.  My Buster would do that too. LOL This is so funny!

Super Contributor

For almost 2 years, my Pom has cuddled next to me almost every time I sit in my extra-wide recliner.   Problem is, as I'm slightly heavier than her (haha), and it's a cheap recliner, one side of the cushion is much lower than the other. I'd switch with her, but then the power cord of the laptop would drag over her.

Good news is, when I put the mouse aside, she pops up, ready for whatever we're doing next!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygalYes....every morning in bed my little guy stretches across my neck upside down with all fours face up to the ceiling fan.  It is his signature posture early every morning and he does not want to be disturbed unless it is continual petting. If I'm watching tv or using a computer, it blocks my view.  Does he care....nope, his comfort reigns.   Don't we love our precious little heartbeats? Truly one of our most treasured gifts in life.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Maltie  sleeps right beside me in bed  and  gets up everytime I get up.

EVERYTIME!  ...

He has made it a game,I have to pick him up (while he pretends to growl) and carry him

back to bed each time. If I don't pick him up he will bark to me to come get him. This goes

on all night long everytime I get up...........  you can only imagine how hard I try NOT    

to go to  the BR 50 times during the night.........lol

Esteemed Contributor

I can relate to every post.   IMG_20170713_113716.jpg

Trees are the lungs of the Earth