Respected Contributor

Re: My little Oreo is missing

@willomenia 

I totally agree with you, esp. about the "happy ending."  

Also, it's a great suggestion for a reward (of course, if finances allow it.)  

Trusted Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@willomenia , I am offering a reward but I don’t understand why not even one call. 

Wish i knew, hang in there

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak 

There is a site called Fido finder dot com- no spaces-where you can list your lost pup and look through the found ones.  It is us & Canada.  
Still hoping & praying for a return. 

also ask your neighbors if you can check their foundations and yards. Are there other houses that look like yours?  Knock on their doors and call Oreo's name.  Many years ago a Yorkie from around the corner got out. He wound up on my porch thinking it was his home. Of course he was returned. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

I posted flyers everywhere @Sammycat1 and thank you for suggestions. I’ll keep looking. Tonight it’s cold and rainy, praying he’s ok. 

Esteemed Contributor

I asked my neighbor to check around her back yard. She has a shed and other children stuff, said she would but she never got back to me @luvzchiz  

I text her this afternoon and no response yet. She’s busy with 3 little ones. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak 

Thank you for keeping us posted. I look for your updates. But wish the outcome was different.

Respected Contributor

I am praying that you soon find your precious little dog.  Here in our area in mid December someone lost their Shiba Inu.   She  was seen all over the area just running in traffic completely confused as to where to go.  A whole group of people started reporting where they had seen her and the owner hired a pet finder to search for her and set up a live trap.  

We had all just about given up on the owner ever getting her back but just a few days ago they did trap her and she is now back home with her owner.  She was missing almost thirty days.  The owner said she had lost a lot of weight but otherwise she is doing fine.

I know it's difficult but never give up on finding a lost pet.   I could share so many stories of how many of our clients lost their pets and found them weeks and even months later.  

I certainly hope your baby is found quickly and is reunited with her family.   I will keep Oreo in my thoughts and prayers.  

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak be sure to put flyers up at area veterinarian offices, too, and notify the staff. A few years ago, a neighbor lost her beautiful Siamese cat. When I brought ours to the vet, I asked if they scan new "patients" for chips, and she said that they did.

I recall you said little Oreo isn't chipped, but staff are on the lookout for lost pets, especially when photos are posted. I pray you find him.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

Oh, @qvcfreak ,

I don't know the size of your town but do you think you could speak to the dog catcher?

My dog slipped her collar off on me once while in an unfamiliar town. I was frantic and very ill at the time, at my wits end, so I called the local police station and they got the dog catcher to call me back. 

As it turns out a local couple rescued her as she was trotting along on a busy street, leash dragging. There was a message on my answering machine by the time I got home. The couple took such good care of her until we could be reunited later the same day.

I pray this happens for you so you and Oreo can be reunited. You are most definitely in my prayers.

(((((OREOxoxoxo)))))

dee

Esteemed Contributor

Any news this Thursday on Oreo?  @qvcfreak how are you holding up? 

Prayers continue!