Honored Contributor

Re: My little Oreo is missing

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak  I'm so sorry for all the distress and dread this has caused. I so hope you find your pet. Just a thought, has anyone recently moved from your neighborhood. Might they have helped themselves to the dog or might he possibly have made his way into someone's vehicle? Anyone go out of town and he might have gotten shut up in a garage? Long shots, I know, but I've been there many years ago and know the sadness, fear and concern for the animal. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I check this thread every day, hoping for good news of little Oreo. I won't give up hoping and praying that your little dog comes home.

I will add one suggestion to the many you've had here: Check the listings in the pet section of the Craiglist in your area every day. Also the "free" listings in the sale section. You just never know.

We're rooting for you and Khloe and Oreo.

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I check this thread every day, hoping for good news of little Oreo. I won't give up hoping and praying that your little dog comes home.

I will add one suggestion to the many you've had here: Check the listings in the pet section of the Craiglist in your area every day. Also the "free" listings in the sale section. You just never know.

We're rooting for you and Khloe and Oreo.

me too!

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak 

I'm so sorry you Sweet Oreo is missing.  Please don't give up hope.  As I've said in other threads, miracles do happen.

(Possible places to check:  Craigslist (as someone else mentioned), lost pet adds in the newspaper - maybe place an add of your own in newspapers? a town/local newspaper (different from the regular newspaper.  I use to live in a town that had its own paper) or shelters.)

I've been thinking & praying for your Little Guy to find his way back to his Mom & Sister Khloe.  

Hugs being sent to all of you.   Heart 

The power of prayer does wonders ..

Trusted Contributor

I come home every night hoping this forum has a happy ending soon. I don't know your finances, but if its doable you may consider putting up a reward for his return. If someone did in fact take oreo, they would probably bring him back for the money, claiming they found him wandering around. People who would steal someones pet have no scruples anyway, so they probably don't really want the dog.
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  There’s no way he could get out of the back yard unless someone physically opened the gate for him. 

Oreo is very shy, and doesn’t go up to people. If someone that he doesn’t know comes up to him, he curls himself into a ball. He’s very sweet. And even when I’m watering if I forgot and left the gate opened, Khloe takes off but he doesn’t. 

I guess I’ll never get an answer. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  He is not microchipped and neither is Khloe but I’m getting her done quickly. He has his collar with his name, our address and phone number. But not one phone call. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much, I’m hanging on to the smallest of hope and praying he comes back home. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willomenia , I am offering a reward but I don’t understand why not even one call. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak 

Again, I apologize if someone had this idea already, but I thought I'd write it just in case.

We live in the rural area with a lot of open farmland but also areas of new housing developments that are dense.  All the shelters in our county--which is vast--will post on their various facebook accounts when a pet in our county goes missing, with pic.  Many dogs given up for lost have been found this way. Same is true with our state and federal wildlife resources folks.

Same with restaurants where Oreo could go near dumpsters looking for food. Neighbors found their yorkie this way.

Hang in there--prayers continuing for your dear Oreo!