Honored Contributor

Re: My little Oreo is missing

Oh, dear @qvcfreak 

I am keeping you and Oreo in my thoughts.

Last night I lit a candle to help Oreo return home safe and well.

We had a Cosmic kitty who went missing for > 6 weeks.  One night  I was coming home from looking for him, and there he was, heading up the drive.  I know he was with someone else, as he was in perfect condition.

{{{Hugs}}}

♥️🕯♥️

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @NickNack. We’ve posted everywhere and sadly not one phone call. I went today and searched around ditches and high grass areas and thankfully he wasn’t there. My family and friends are helping during the day. I pray he comes home soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe  my sisters keep hoping he will be waiting at the door. I’m very grateful for all the prayers from everyone here, my friends and family helping me look for him. I just pray he is safe, warm and fed. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak 

I haven't posted yet but since I saw your initial post about Oreo, I've been saying prayers. Someone may have suggested this, but one thing that worked for was to cook honour dog's favorite treat...bacon....and not only place it near crawl spaces and HVAC vents, but to take a bunch outside, walk around your property a bit calling his name. This flushed one dog out of the woods behind our property and got a cat out of the HVAC.

Prayers continuing for your pup!Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak.  I hate to ask but do you have coyote in your area?  They can jump a fence snatch a small pet and be back over the fence in seconds.  They're often seen in broad daylight in my area.  We've also had hawks and owls snatch small pets, sometimes while the owner is standing right next to them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I had the same thought.  We live in a residential neighborhood but my large dog and I were followed by a coyote in a park next to our home.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo.  They sometimes lure unleashed large dogs off to "play", then the pack kills them.  They're not called "wiley" for nothing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak 

I hope that you get your precious and beloved doggo back soon, but I fear that he may have been purposefully stolen.

Maybe someone saw him, and wanted him for themselves, sold him out of the area, or and I hate saying this, but it is a reality in this ugly, cruel world, use him as a bait dog.

Has anyone been hanging around that shouldn't be there, or paid unusual attention to him?

I really, really really want to be wrong, and I really do hope that I am.

I had a pet go missing once, and I was sick with worry, and cried all the time, but fortunatly for me, my pet came home.

As silly as this may sound, have you considered contacting a pet psychic?

I did when my pet was lost, and she was pretty accurate with what she told me about my pet, but it's been so many years now, I can't recall her name.

I so hope that your precious dog comes home soon.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry about this, and keep checking back for good news. I see you've tried FB. Our region has a number of FB groups solely devoted to spotting and searching for missing pets.

Praying for the return of your Oreo...

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak   I too keep checking in with hope that Oreo is back home.  It may sound weird, but have you looked up?  Dogs have been known to climb trees following a squirrel or such and get caught in the trees.  The same is true for the roofs of houses, sheds, and garages. 

Walk your property with your other fur baby on leash telling him to find Oreo. Maybe he could alert you to the last area Oreo had been.  

Hoping that Oreo & you are reunited soon.  Heartbreaking.

just edited to add, contact your local tv news casts. I don't know where you are located, but I have seen such stories on tv. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet