Esteemed Contributor

Re: My little Oreo is missing

Thank you @KingstonsMom. I will have my son take care of that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can someone GO to the shelters in your area and look?

I volunteer at several and once found a friends cat while cleaning cages.  Friend had been calling daily, and cat’s photo was there on the wall.

Not bashing shelters!  They are Busy, understaffed, flooded, and stressed animals can look different.

Sending Best Wishes, Hope, and {{{ Hugs}}} To you.  ♥️

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Can someone GO to the shelters in your area and look?

I volunteer at several and once found a friends cat while cleaning cages.  Friend had been calling daily, and cat’s photo was there on the wall.

Not bashing shelters!  They are Busy, understaffed, flooded, and stressed animals can look different.

Sending Best Wishes, Hope, and {{{ Hugs}}} To you.  ♥️

Our shelter's website states they make mistakes. Descriptions, gender, photos, etc may be inaccurate, and please don't rely on them. They strongly urge people to come in and view the animals in person.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Post his picture at local stores, e.g., grocery, cvs, honey farms, coffee shops, stating Oreo's missing and there will be a reward.

If someone took him, they'll be more likely to return him.

It sounds awful, but around here it happens.  

Oreo is adorable and I'm praying that he returns home ASAP!  

We love our babies so much.  This is just awful. ((hugs)) to you.Heart

@eddyandme  Yes. I agree. The same thing happened to my daughter's friend. She placed her dog in the backyard and in the blink of an eye he was gone. It turned out a neighbor had the dog and brought it back after she saw posters. I guess she felt guilty.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak   Thinking of you and praying that your Oreo will soon be home!

Valued Contributor

So upset to see this news.  Prayers sent.  You say your internet was out and cameras not working.  What about neighbors' cameras?  Check with them to see if they have video of anything happening near you at that time.  Cars in the area or people walking nearby with or without Oreo.

Could Oreo have gotten into your crawl space?  Have someone physically check.  Are there any other items in your yard where he could be trapped?

Do you have a NextDoor neighborhood social media site where you can post about Oreo?  We have had success with many pet reunions in my neighborhood because everyone is on the lookout.

Continue to check with your local shelters daily by phone and, I agree with prior suggestions, to have someone visit the shelter regularly and post flyers on street corners and in stores.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear @qvcfreak  I keep checking back hoping and praying Oreo will be found...I am so sorry, wish I could help with the search! 

I know what you're going through. Keep hope. Our cat got out years ago,  he was gone for an agonizing month. Turned out a family a few blocks over invited him in to stay,  not knowing us. The more extended neighbors are aware the better.   I  agree with posters to go down to the shelters personally to check and leave his photo/contact info.  

Honored Contributor

Still hoping and praying for Oreo's safe return!

Never give up!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I’m feeling very heartbroken but not defeated. I left work at 3p and I placed a flyer in every house in our subdivision. Took Khloe and I spoke to a lot of the neighbors. One of them had a little dog that made Khloe get so excited. He looked just like Oreo but his markings were lighter. 

They are are building two homes down the street and I spoke to the men, took a flyer and they said they will keep an eye out for Oreo. 

I’m so worried for my little Oreo. 

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry you haven't found Oreo @qvcfreak .  Have you posted on Pawboost dot com?  They reunite many people with their pets.  Are you going to the shelters to look for him and not just calling?  I do hope you find him soon.

When my friend lost her miniature pinscher many years ago she put up fliers everywhere and also ran an ad in the newspaper.  Someone saw the ad in the newspaper and called her to tell her that she saw him every day at a baseball field.  The kids had been feeding him.  We went there and found him.  The baseball field was several miles from her home.  He had to cross a very busy four lane road to get there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau