Esteemed Contributor

Re: My little Oreo is missing

Thank you @beastielove  i appreciate all the prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @seaBreeze  I hadn’t thought of notifying the Vet offices. There’s even one down the road. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Warrior2022 

Esteemed Contributor

Post his picture at local stores, e.g., grocery, cvs, honey farms, coffee shops, stating Oreo's missing and there will be a reward.

If someone took him, they'll be more likely to return him.

It sounds awful, but around here it happens.  

Oreo is adorable and I'm praying that he returns home ASAP!  

We love our babies so much.  This is just awful. ((hugs)) to you.Heart

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saying a prayer that you find Oreo tonight! 

Just to give you some hope that miracles DO happen, I saw this on the Flagler County (FL) Sheriff twitter feed and want to show it to you. "Max" was found days after a car accident on I 95 and I'm so hoping the same for you with Oreo (the picture below is a screen grab so quality not so good, but you get the idea). The video makes everyone so happy when the little guy shows up and smothers his owner with kisses!:

"Remember Max the Chihuahua that went missing after a car crash on New Year’s Eve? Detectives returned to the crash site daily to search for him and leave out food. Today, he was there! As soon as his owner got on scene, Max ran to him and celebrated their reunion"

pup.jpg.

Oreo please come home too!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Happy2BHere I’m not giving up hope. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @eddyandmeWe have a Dollar General just outside our subdivision. I posted one there today. 

Super Contributor

Sending prayers and prayers you find your baby.  We just went through this with our naughty indoor cat who was lost for five days!  It was awful not knowing what had happened to him and worrying about the cold, traffic, etc.  We posted on the Nextdoor app also.  

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak 

Also call any dog rescue groups in your area, many people would rather contact a rescue group if they found a pet, rather than calling animal control.

They at least have foster homes they can place a found pet in even temporarily, instead of a cage with a bunch of barking dogs all around.

Rescue groups also keep a good eye on lost and found ads and animals brought in to animal control.

My avatar, Kingston, was picked up by animal control after being found wandering the streets with horrific burns down his back from abuse and animal control was going to put him down because it was too expensive to treat.

A rescue group pulled him from animal control, paid for his treatment and now  he's with us!

Also, there are a lot of free lost pet websites that will send emails and alerts of a lost pet for you, just google it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere wrote:

Saying a prayer that you find Oreo tonight! 

Just to give you some hope that miracles DO happen, I saw this on the Flagler County (FL) Sheriff twitter feed and want to show it to you. "Max" was found days after a car accident on I 95 and I'm so hoping the same for you with Oreo (the picture below is a screen grab so quality not so good, but you get the idea). The video makes everyone so happy when the little guy shows up and smothers his owner with kisses!:

"Remember Max the Chihuahua that went missing after a car crash on New Year’s Eve? Detectives returned to the crash site daily to search for him and leave out food. Today, he was there! As soon as his owner got on scene, Max ran to him and celebrated their reunion"

pup.jpg.

Oreo please come home too!

@Happy2BHere 

Awwwww, I just love lost pet reunion stories, thank you for posting this!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.