Honored Contributor

Re: My little Oreo is missing

So sorry!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak  is there someplace in the yard were he could be stuck like a shed or a cellar door?  I'm also wondering if you take Khloe out in the backyard if she might be able to give you a clue to where he is. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness you have pictures!

Our local domestic animal/lost pet site strongly recommends posting fliers, distributing pictures, talking to parents and kids (school bus pickup and dropoff), etc right away.

And keep an eye on your domestic animal control website. Ours posts photos of animals they pick up.

Best of luck in recovering your lil'Oreo.

Honored Contributor

I hate to suggest this but could someone have reached over or opened a gate and taken him out of the yard?  We had someone take a white German. Shepherd puppy out of our yard once years ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a shed or a cellar. I've taken Khloe outside and I took her with me when I walked the neighborhood hoping Oreo would see her and bark. I went door to door and I asked everyone that was outside walking at the time but no one saw him. I keep waiting for him to bard or scratch the door. 

I don't know how he could've gotten out. The gate is hard to open as it opens into the front yard and because of the grass it's not easy to open. He was so good and so used to me that I could have him with me in the front yard and he always stayed by my side. I truly am hoping he comes home soon.

Trusted Contributor

I hope you find him soon.  I know what you're going through.  

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak - I will be praying for you and Oreo. I hope you can put posters up. In our area a lot of cute dogs are taken by others, as @Kachina624  pointed out. If he had his collar on, let's hope someone sees he is your pet and you get a phone call. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak , hoping your little guy is found soon.  Continue to get the word out.  Get people to share on FB.  Is there a lost dog site in your area?  LM

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I don't have a shed or a cellar. I've taken Khloe outside and I took her with me when I walked the neighborhood hoping Oreo would see her and bark. I went door to door and I asked everyone that was outside walking at the time but no one saw him. I keep waiting for him to bard or scratch the door. 

I don't know how he could've gotten out. The gate is hard to open as it opens into the front yard and because of the grass it's not easy to open. He was so good and so used to me that I could have him with me in the front yard and he always stayed by my side. I truly am hoping he comes home soon.

@qvcfreak 

If you do find where he could've gotten out of your yard, don't 'fix' it until he comes home.

Animals are very smart and he may come back in the same way he got out.

It's also possible that someone didn't find him until late in the day and are waiting until today to look for his owner. Our animal control is not open on week-ends.

Whatever you do, don't give up, there's always hope!

I read a story yesterday of a dog that went missing in NM and was found 9 months later in MO, luckily he was microchipped!

Please keep us posted on little Oreo, so the prayers and positive thoughts for his return can continue!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Any News?

I thought maybe there was a match. Our local Police found this dog hanging out at the McDonalds but this guy has much more white than Oreo.