Respected Contributor

My kitty's funny little habit

I have Bose radio in my bedroom and you control it with a small remote control.

For some reason, lately my cat has taken to sleeping on the remote and/or preferably hiding it under her tail. If I can't find it I know just where to look and boy, do I get a dirty look when I have the effrontery to lift her tail to check or lift up her belly to remove it.

Cats!

Honored Contributor

Re: My kitty's funny little habit

@GoneButNotForgotten,

That's so funny!

Our cat used to bat our hands when we would use the remote. I don't know if she didn't like the clicking noise or wished we would turn off the tv? or perhaps she didn't approve of what we were watching and wanted to chose for herself!😄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Kitty just wants ALL of your attention!

≈^••^≈

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

That is a funny story.  One of my sons cats literally turns on the TV with the remote.  My son gets home from work sometimes and the three of them (cats) are laying on the couch seemingly watching television.  He's a  bachelor.......  LOL, they are so smart.

Respected Contributor

In the words of my nephew Matthew when he was but a tike of 8 (now 14):

Aren't Cats The Best aunt Ko

They Really Are!

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

He's a  bachelor.......  LOL, they are so smart.

lol! bachelor or cats?

Respected Contributor

My Silky Terriers LOVE the remote too and I figured out because it smells like my hands (that hand out treats!). They love to lay on socks and shoes too. And they always manage to find the remote and change the channel just as ya get enough time on a program saved to FF through commercials. This drives DH crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten that's a great story. One of my cats will turn the tv on and off by laying on top of the TV and pushing the buttons. Sometimes the volume goes to nothing and sometimes it is so loud that it's painful.

I had left the tv on for them one day when I went out and I came back to it at full volume and both cats had gone upstairs to get away for the noise.