Contributor

My kitty passed away from hepititis last Thursday

I inherited Cali from my youngest son 13 years ago........She fought a long battle...She was on 5 meds.......I never had pets in my life and we developed a strong bond.......She died in my arms last Thursday...I had a hospice vet coming right before she died.......I am devastated and cannot stop crying...I lost my mom 2 years ago and I felt the same way.....I was my mom's caretaker for 33 years and we very very close.....I do have 2 other cats that I inherited from my older son......

I never knew that having a pet would be a wonderful experience....Cali taught me many lessons in life especially patience......

Has anyone on this forum experience the pets coming back for a visitation?......

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My kitty passed away from hepititis last Thursday

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I have gone through this three times and dread the fourth. Your cat will remain forever in your heart and in your memory. My beagle Maddie is 9 and I know she is my last dog because my husband and I are in our 70s and he has Alzheimer’s. I appreciate every moment with Maddie...and with my husband.

Respected Contributor

@CatLady72 I'm so, so sorry! Many of us here have been through this more than once, so we know what you're feeling. You gave Cali a wonderful life, and you held her in your arms as she went to the Rainbow Bridge...that's a precious experience! She's happy & healthy now, and all of our Bridge Babies are making her welcome. She'll be waiting for you! In the meantime, love on your other kitties and let their love comfort you. It WILL get easier, just takes time. They take a piece of our hearts with them, and it takes a bit for that to heal!

I can't say I've ever been visited by any of my pets gone before me...but I do believe that they are all waiting at the Bridge for me. I will be covered in doggie & kitty kisses, and then we'll all cross over together!

Respected Contributor

I am very sorry for your loss.  Let yourself grieve, it does take a while.  

I don't know what you mean by visitation?

Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for your loss, @CatLady72 .  You will have memories forever about your cat.  These will be the visitations, not actual appearances.  At least, that is what I believe.  I have lost many pets through the year and completely understand the need and want for this type of thing to happen for comfort.  I don't personally believe in such a thing. Try to gain comfort from your memories.  

Again, my condolences.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@CatLady72 

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Cali.  It sounds like you did all you could for her.  She left the earth knowing she had been loved. 

Everyone here has lost pets and knows your pain.  While I've never had any visits from my past friends, I have often imagined them walking with me in the field like we did when they were young cats.  

It's a memory that makes me happy and sad.  I hope to see them all again some day.

You have two kitties still to love you, and I'm sure they sense the loss of Cali, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I am very sorry that your sweet Cali has crossed.  It is pain that only one who has loved and lost a beloved pet can understand.  Such a special bond.  Allow yourself to grieve for your baby.  Just remember that someday you will be together again.

You may be interested in purchasing a book on visitations on Amazon.  I read it, then passed it onto a friend who was describing strange happenings after a beloved kitty passed.

It was a comfort to her.  It’s easy to say one does not believe when nothing highly unusual has ever happened.  But if it has, one does have belief.  That’s all I will say.  Ever.

Respected Contributor

@CatLady72   Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss.  You know now that being a pet "Mom" is almost the same as having a real child.  The bond between us and our pets is something that can only be experienced to be understood.  I hope your pain will ease as time passes, but I do know that Cali will continue to "visit" you in your mind forever.

I lost my dear Zoe 4-1/2 years ago.  She literally walked to my feet, laid down, and died there.  I often see her sleek black body perched on the arm of the sofa where she loved to sit next to me as I read and watched TV.

I have another cat now that I got at 6-weeks old only a couple months after Zoe's death.  I wasn't quite ready for another pet at the time, but Al needed a home.  He's much different than Zoe, but he's my buddy now too.  Hopefully he'll be around for a long time, but I will love on him too, as you will with your other cats.  To experience great loss is proof of the great love you had for Cali.  You will love again.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for your loss. It's always difficult when this happens. Hoping that your memories of her will comfort you during this time. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Headvase;

Such INSURMOUNTABLE PAIN, that of a broken heart from the loss of a cherished and much loved pet is so difficult.

I send my sincere condolenses to you....though I realize it's not much in the way of helping your pain lessen.

Please do your very best to remember the beautiful and blessed time you shared.

The fun, the cuddles, the constant vacuuming of pet hair, even that will make you smile.

With time the pain subsides a bit - but time will not steal the great memories you have of your life together...

take care of yourself,

Karen (Ko)