Trusted Contributor

Re: My kitty is terminal, need help with food please.

I want to pass on, in case anyone needs to puree food, I bought a baby food bowl which came with a masher. I worked great, was quick and really got food smooth, even cooked chicken. I bought from Amazon, it was green and blue, under $10 I think.

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

Hi, I want to thank each of you who posted suggestions and wishes, I took them all to heart.

My sweet girl passed away 8 days after my post. It's been over a month without her.  My children, who aren't living at home, joined us. I hope she felt our presence..  I was right there with her, nose to nose, and singing her song(I make up  a special song for each of them which I sing throughout their lives)  

Our vet is wonderful, patient, compassionate, gentle.

She was a calico, boy, did she have her own mind, so smart,  an alpha,  loving.  She had a stuffed dog from 5 weeks old, she'd pawed at his side like she was nursing.

Every day going into a room, your eyes go to the spots where they'd be, or swear you can hear their footsteps or a funny meow or bark, or feel the weight of their bodies on you.

We do still see, hear, and feel them- it's in our memory...

they're angels in our hearts and their little souls are mixed with ours forever.HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.  As I told you earlier, I lost a dog from oral cancer (squamous cell carcinoma).  It's so hard.  Thank you for coming back and letting us know.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@skittles2Oh so sorry to hear about your dear kitty girl. Calicos are really something special.  I'm glad you had one another right up to her peaceful end.  When you think they are still near you....They are, always.  Thank you for being there for her. and thank you for letting us know.

Valued Contributor

@skittles2 Sorry for the terrible new you received for your kitty. We used lamb baby food by gerber's. The reason for the lamb was just in case she had allergies to either beef or chicken. Let the food warm a bit so it isn't too solid. It will be easier for kitty to eat.

Respected Contributor

So sorry that your precious kitty has passed.

~Hugs to you and your family~

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that your beloved kitty passed away.  She saw nothing but deep love in her life and lives now among angels just like her.  ((((((Skittles)))))

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. I lost a cat to the same thing. I could see she was losing a little weight so I took her to the Vet. After an exam he said the kindest thing I could do would be to let her go. He said that she was most likely in terrible pain. Because in the wild most animal don't show their pain for their own survival we can't alway's know how much they are suffering. I chose to let her go and stop suffering rather than keeping her here for me. Our pet's depend on us to help them when they can't help themselve's. 

Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2, I am so sorry about your kitty.  Maybe adding bone broth would be helpful or at least it would provide more nourishment to her.  I know that when our pets become very ill, it is so difficult to get them to eat anything.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2

I am so sorry about your kitty.  I have used Organic baby meat .  I get jars of the stuff.  When my cats were ill, or terminal I would put a bit on finger and they would lick it off.  I do not eat meat, but baby food meat, like lamb or the chicken are very gentle on the tummy and easy to swallow.  Cats womt eat what they cant smell, the lamb has an aroma they smell really well.  Lamb is also easy digested.

depending on the illness, I also used to feed them baby rice cereal mixed woth hot water  and mixed with the meat.  However, if they are really ill, licking ot off the finger is a truimph

carbs, like rice and mashed pasta are easily digested and utilized by an older or ailing dog or cat.  The carbs, digest and give a little energy. Protiens take a bit of work to digest.  Make sure rice or pasta is well cooked and mashed.  I even put a pinch of real butter on top as cats like that, and gerber baby food lamb or chicken

hang in there!  We are thinking of you and kitty

ETA

I just now read the post of your precious kitty passing away.  I am so sorry.  I have been there, and it hurts, and is lonley!!  I still miss my sweet Joey, and she has been gone 10 years.  But they bring so much joy.  What would we do without them?

again , I am sorry