Honored Contributor

Re: My husband's best friend Cooper died today

How painful and difficult for you both. 

If Cooper happens to get a glimps of my treasured Poly at The Bridge, he has my permission to chase her. 

She'll outrun him, but at least the chase may lift his spirits, since I'm sure he'll be missing your husband too.

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss of Cooper. It's so very hard to suffer the loss of a family member if they have 2 legs or four.

Honored Contributor

Just the worse sadness ever...losing your best friend who loved unconditionally,  My heart goes out to your and your husband during this difficult time,  Cooper will always be in your heart.

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 So true....the worse sadness in my life was losing my little 6 pound girl...just nothing comes even close.

@meallen616 wrote:

\woday someon asked ,mes What is harde thing about having a dog? I replied 'The goodbye'

So sorry for your loss, God Bless you both.

Super Contributor

What a wonderful support system we have here.  I had dear husband read the responses and it made him a little less sad to know someday the pain will go away.

Cooper was almost 11.  He crawled into his little baby bed, which was way too small for him, closed his eyes and died.  I'd like to think that was a merciful and peaceful way to go.  It was immediate and sudden, came from out of nowhere.  Please hug and pet your dogs once for us and Cooper.  We are lost without him now.

Regular Contributor

Sending my sincere condolences to you both.  It hard, I know.  It's 14 months since I lost my darling Sammy and I still feel the pain, especially when a fellow pet owner goes through it.

All I can say is that is does get easier, the pain goes away but the memories are there for life.  I have a 15 year old who I thank god for every extra day I have him.  Time is too short for our fur babies but they reward us with so much love and I would do it all over again and I have.  Snowball came into our life at Christmas.  He is 8 years old and could never replace Sammy but the love he gives is amazing.

God bless Cooper and god bless your husband and you too.  I