Regular Contributor

Re: My husband's best friend Cooper died today

So hard to let go and to be lost without Cooper.  I have always felt the love we shared each and every day with out pets made it a little easier to go through the grief process. Just be thankful for each day you had Cooper as your pal and remember all the good times with him.  It is not easy I know - pets are our family and will be missed forever and a day.  God Bless and Keep You Both Strong through this sad time in your lives.

Respected Contributor

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Cooper. It's so very hard to lose our little friends because they are so much a part of our lives. Please take care.

Respected Contributor

@Helen Bach , it's so hard to lose the family pet.  Our Lily is gone a year May 1st and I still miss her a lot.  Hugs to you and DH.  LM

Trusted Contributor

@Helen Bach  I am truly sorry for you both.  They are family members who always remain in our hearts.  Wishing you both peace. 

Honored Contributor

\woday someon asked ,mes What is harde thing about having a dog? I replied 'The goodbye'

So sorry for your loss, God Bless you both.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely heartbreaking.  Strength and peace to you and Cooper's best friend. @Helen Bach 

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. Dogs are family and it is so difficult. 

My dog's name is Cooper and I dread that day comes.  

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your heartbreaking loss Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Helen Bach 

May Sweet Cooper rest in peace.  My sympathy to you both.  Be happy for him that he's now at the Bridge but not alone.  He's joined & is welcomed by all the other kitties & dogs in pet heaven.  I'm sure he's looking down upon you both with "thanks" & love in his heart for you.  Heart

Sending Blessings to you both.

Esteemed Contributor

I too am so sorry for your loss.  I have had two dogs die in my arms and it is heartbreaking, something you never really get over.  We have two dogs at present and one is 10 years old and I already fear what is coming.

Dogs add so much to our lives and I will never be without one.  My dogs keep me sane and are always there for me when I get home, when I can't sleep, when I am watching TV, and so on.

There is not much you can do to help someone get over the loss.  In time and when you are able, I hope you will get another dog.  The older I get, the less time I let pass between dogs because the years are going by way too fast.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead